Red mountain ash is an unpretentious tree belonging to the pink (rosaceae) family, distributed throughout the temperate climate zone. It blooms in spring with white discreet tassels, giving in September small red-orange berries collected in clusters. Fruits have a round shape, with juicy pulp and small round seeds. The berries taste bitter, astringent, especially tasty if collected after frosts.
What is useful red mountain ash for the body
Useful qualities are determined by the fact that the flesh of bright berries is rich:
- organic acids
- plant fibers
Rowan fruits contain the following biologically active components:
- provitamin A (in an amount much larger than in some varieties of carrots),
- vitamins PP, B1, B2, P, K, E,
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid), which is more in mountain ash than in the composition of blackcurrant berries,
- amino and organic acids (sorbic, malic, citric, tartaric, succinic)
- essential oils, pectin and tannins,
- macro- and microelements (iron, phosphorus, salts of calcium, potassium, sodium, magnesium),
Plant fruits are different low protein content and very low (8–13%) sugar content:
And the given composition gives far from a complete picture of the useful qualities of mountain ash.
All parts of Aronia are used in folk medicine:
- fruits - harvested in late autumn and until frosts, they stimulate blood formation, normalize sugar levels in diabetes, have antifungal and wound healing properties,
- leaves - harvested in the spring during flowering, use their dried raw materials, which are used to shift winter vegetable preparations to protect them from mold, and decoctions are used for diabetes, glaucoma, and kidney stones,
- kidneys - also collected in the spring immediately after the snow melts, their diuretic property is considered their main healing quality,
- flowers - removed from a bunch in the spring during the flowering period, dried and stored in linen bags for making tea leaves, tinctures, decoctions used for thyroid disease, as well as positive results in the treatment of malignant tumors,
- bark - in the spring before the sap flow begins, remove the top layer from thin branches, dry and grind it into powder, boil and drink it from atherosclerosis, treat psoriasis, diseases of the mucous membrane of the mouth and throat.
The medicinal properties of mountain ash have found their application:
- as a remedy for atherosclerosis,
- from a cold
- for the treatment of hemorrhoids (juice from berries),
- with gastritis,
- as a healing drink in slimming recipes,
- with the complex treatment of hypertension,
- to increase blood coagulation
- from irritability and insomnia,
- in violation of metabolic processes,
- due to the low sugar content shown in diabetes,
- used as capillary-strengthening, diaphoretic, diuretic, astringent and anti-inflammatory agent,
- for obesity
Rowan has antimicrobial propertiestherefore, it suppresses the following infections:
- mold fungus
- Staphylococcus aureus.
Mountain ash - a female plant
From the earliest times, mountain ash has been considered a female tree. It is used not only for health, but also for preserving youth and beauty:
- Rowan juice from berries is used in masks as a cosmetic product.
- If you add juice to frozen ice cubes and wipe your face skin with them every day, this will help narrow the enlarged pores and blood vessels.
- The composition of a mixture of crushed berries, kefir and lemon juice will help to whiten skin effectively.
- A lotion of glycerin and fresh mountain ash juice will help restore a radiant and fresh look to withered facial skin.
- To eliminate the warts, fresh fruit puree is used, fixed on the skin with an adhesive plaster.
- Mountain ash decoctions successfully help normalize the menstrual cycle, as well as cope with the manifestations of unpleasant symptoms of menopause.
- Infusions from a mixture of bark and leaves, unripe berries and buds have an astringent effect on digestive disorders.
- A bouquet of young branches or beautiful clusters spread out around the apartment, due to their phytoncide qualities, contribute to the disinfection of air in the living room.
- From ancient times it was believed that rowan beads ward off corruption, protect against evil eye and evil spells, and are used as amulets for infertility and unrequited love.
The substance that is contained in mountain ash and determines the main beneficial properties is pectin. Pectin delays the flow of carbohydrate fermentation processes, thereby reducing the accumulation of gases in the intestines, and prevents bloating. Women are recommended to use rowan berries in their diet to reduce the likelihood of an unpleasant disease such as thrush.
Substances in mountain ash such as amygdalin, organic acids and sorbic acid help to normalize the level of fat in the liver and cholesterol in the blood plasma. Rowan is also appreciated due to choleretic properties. You can take the fruits of mountain ash both fresh, and harvest all the components in dried form, as well as:
- make jam and jams for the winter, used as a tasty and healthy supplement to breakfast or evening tea drinking,
- to prepare compotes, jelly, syrups, fruit drinks, marmalade, used in the children's menu for the prevention of various ailments caused by immature immunity,
- brew multivitamin medicinal decoctions and medicinal drinks that are used for pneumonia and bronchitis, are used to improve sputum discharge, are used to gargle with laryngitis and pharyngitis,
- infuse sugar-based liquors and liquors with the addition of vodka, moonshine or cognac, used in small doses in the winter to prevent colds.
But this popular plant has not only beneficial properties.
Contraindications of fruits of red mountain ash
As in any case with herbal preparations, one must also remember their contraindications. After all, the fruits of mountain ash act as an antibiotic, therefore, have side effects. Although, as a result of drying or cooking, the acid is destroyed, which leads to the loss of antibiotic properties.
It is necessary to carefully use drugs based on mountain ash after 45 years, since it is at this age that various diseases worsen.
Contraindications for the use of mountain ash components:
- stomach ulcer
- high blood coagulation
Even in ancient times, they knew that mountain ash was used in pregnancy planning as a means to prevent it. Rowan should not be abused by pregnant women to avoid fetal allergies. When using components based on this plant you must be careful:
- with hypotension (low blood pressure),
- with a tendency to allergies,
- with increased gastric acidity,
- with coronary heart disease,
- patients who have had a heart attack or stroke.
It is not necessary to produce blanks from fruits and leaves:
- in a dusty, polluted and polluted city,
- in the territories of industrial enterprises,
- near busy motorways.
Only the cleanliness of the collection site will ensure that the raw materials collected have the useful and healing properties that this tree is valued for.
It is not recommended to consume a lot of fresh fruits of mountain ash, because they contain too much parasorbic acid.In dried or frozen berries, it is destroyed and acts on the body in a more gentle way, especially if you prepare mountain ash recipes in combination with other components.
Rowan Healing Recipes
Knowing the healing properties and contraindications of red mountain ash, it can be widely used in cosmetology, culinary and traditional medicine. Since fresh mountain ash is bitter and is not eaten, the fruits are widely used for preparing various boiled drinks, since during heat treatment the fruits lose their bitterness and acquire a piquant astringency.
For jam, it is necessary to take berries collected in late autumn or during the period of the first frosts (frosted mountain ash loses bitterness):
- 1 kg of fruit
- 3 glasses of water
- 1.5 kg of sugar.
- remove the berries from the bunch and rinse,
- Blanch for 5 minutes at 95 about With
- put the contents in a colander and strain,
- boil sugar syrup from juice,
- fall asleep berries and stand for 7 hours,
- put on the stove and bring to a boil,
- remove after 20 minutes and cool,
- repeat the boiling procedure 4 times,
- then leave the berries in syrup for 12 hours.
The use of mountain ash jam is suitable for people suffering not only from hypertension, but also cardiovascular diseases, arrhythmia and atherosclerosis.
Composition, calories and nutritional value of red mountain ash
- amino acids, vegetable proteins,
- terpenoids, anthocyanins,
- organic acids
- sugars (fructose, glucose, mannitol, sucrose, sorbitol) and pectins,
- essential oils,
- minerals (Fe, Na, Cu, Mn, K, P, Ca, Mg, etc.),
- vitamins (retinol, tocopherol, nicotinamide, thiamine, riboflavin, ascorbic and folic acids).
The fruits of red mountain ash are an excellent source of useful vitamins for patients with diabetes. These fruits contain sorbitol - this is a safe alcohol for this disease. Rowan infusion has a bitter-tart taste and a pleasant aroma. No sugar is used to make such a drink.
- 2 tbsp. spoons (a handful of berries),
- 0.5 l of water.
- brew berries with boiling water,
- let it simmer for 10 minutes,
- to filter.
Drink ¼ cup at least 3 times a day. And red rowan in diabetes is allowed to be consumed fresh, dried or frozen.
If you add vodka to the composition, then after 2 months you will get an alcoholic tincture on the mountain ash called "Nezhin mountain ash":
- Add 0.5 l of vodka to the filtered non-alcoholic infusion,
- it’s good to close the jar and put in a cold place for 2 weeks,
- after 2 weeks, turn the container upside down (without shaking),
- so need to flip every 2 weeks,
- you can use tincture after 8 weeks of such insisting.
If honey is added to an existing recipe, it will result in a tincture useful with low immunity, anemia, poor appetite, and weakness. The tool also helps with cough, hemorrhoids and female ailments.
The tool is used for the prevention and treatment of diseases of the prostate gland: prostatitis, adenoma, hyperplasia. It is useful for men engaged in heavy physical labor, because it positively affects the state of the cardiovascular system and prevents the appearance of hemorrhoidal formations.
Mountain ash helps increase hemoglobin and normalize hormonal levels, improves the condition with PMS and menopause changes, and is used to treat some gynecological diseases. It is widely used in home cosmetology to improve hair, skin whitening, fight inflammation, acne and age-related changes.
Rowan fruits are used for colds as an antibacterial and antitussive, they are especially useful for weakened and often ill children. Berries are best given to children in the form of sweetened tea, compote, preserves, marshmallows.The use of mountain ash can improve the appetite, compensate for the lack of vitamins, increase the body's resistance to adverse factors.
For seniors, athletes and diabetics
For older people, mountain ash is recommended for:
- vision improvement
- normalization of cholesterol concentration,
- regulation of digestion, suppression of excessive formation of intestinal gases, facilitating bowel movements,
- strengthening vascular walls, improving heart function, stabilizing pressure,
- increase immunity.
The low glycemic index and ability to lower blood sugar makes berries useful for diabetes.
The active compounds present in mountain ash improve tissue oxygenation, and the rich vitamin-mineral composition makes up for the lack of appropriate compounds and positively affects the functioning of the circulatory and musculoskeletal systems. Therefore, it is useful to introduce such an additive into the diet of athletes and people leading an active lifestyle.
Tea with mountain ash for weight loss.
For weight loss
Rowan reduces the content of lipids in the liver, activates metabolic processes, helps to eliminate toxins, tones and eliminates constipation. When taken orally, it will help to cope with a depressive mood and remove excess fluid from the body. It can also be used externally as part of anti-cellulite wraps.
Is red mountain ash pregnant and lactating
When carrying a child and breastfeeding, eating berries is not recommended. They increase blood clotting, can cause spontaneous abortion or premature birth, and cause allergies in the baby. By agreement with the doctor, it is allowed to take them in minimal quantities to eliminate toxicosis in the early stages of pregnancy.
Daily intake of red mountain ash
Excessive consumption of this product can lead to the development of an allergic reaction and other undesirable consequences. Therefore, when taken orally, the recommended daily allowance should be adhered to:
- for preventive purposes - 50-70 g,
- in therapeutic ones - 100-150 g.
Children 3-4 years old can eat only a few berries daily, in the form of jam - 0.5-1 tsp., Gradually increasing this amount by 10 years to 1.5 tbsp. l For adolescents, adult dosages may be used.
The use of red mountain ash in traditional medicine
For medicinal purposes, not only berries can be used, but also flowers, leaves, buds, bark, young shoots in fresh or dried form. Indications for the use of funds based on mountain ash are:
- beriberi, scurvy,
- low acidity of gastric juice,
- constipation, including chronic
- Iron-deficiency anemia,
- initial stage of atherosclerosis,
- cold, acute respiratory infections,
- rheumatism, arthritis, arthralgia,
- peripheral edema,
- some liver diseases
- urolithiasis disease,
- minor skin damage (scratches, abrasions, cuts).
The bark can be used for hyperhidrosis, as well as an astringent and anti-inflammatory agent, flowers and leaves for diuretic, diaphoretic, hemostatic, wound healing, antimycotic effects.
To obtain juice using ripe berries. They are cleaned of the stalks, sorted, washed, then passed through a juicer. You can also squeeze the fruits out manually, pre-chopping them with a blender or meat grinder. To prepare juice for the winter, the berries are first blanched, then wiped, squeezed and cooked with a minimum amount of sugar or honey. Before use, this syrup is diluted with water or tea.
To activate digestion, enhance biliary excretion, cleanse blood vessels, you need to take 1 tsp. funds half an hour before meals, with constipation, a single dosage increases to 50-70 ml. To rinse the throat with angina, it is added to warm boiled water (1 tbsp. Per glass), used 6-8 times during the day.With rheumatoid manifestations, it is recommended to drink 1/3 cup of rowan juice half diluted with milk 3 times a day before meals.
Mountain ash juice.
With fungal infections of the skin and nail plates, compresses from the juice of young mountain ash foliage help. They are done daily for 2 weeks, combining with other antimycotic procedures.
Red Rowan Tea
Herbal tea with mountain ash is used to saturate the body with vitamins, stabilize pressure, and treat and prevent respiratory diseases. They are prepared from fresh or dried berries, often supplementing the composition with ginger root and fruit compositions from raspberries, rose hips, currants, chokeberries.
For 1 glass of boiling water you need to take 2 tbsp. l berries and 3-5 dried rowan leaves, insist in a thermos or towel wrapped in a teapot for 1 hour. The resulting liquid can be used instead of tea, mixed with tea leaves or herbal decoctions, add lemon, honey, mint.
To normalize the stool, tea is prepared from dried rowan fruits. They are ground into powder, measure 1 tbsp. l., pour 200 ml of hot water and placed in a water bath for 15 minutes. Take liquid in 1/4 cup 2 times a day.
Infusion for colds and coughs
Mountain ash is used as an adjuvant in the treatment of acute respiratory infections, influenza, diseases of the bronchopulmonary apparatus. It prevents the growth of pathogenic microorganisms, relieves inflammation and swelling of the mucous membrane, helps to lower the temperature, strengthens the immune system, enhances the action of antibiotics, improves separation and excretion of sputum.
- Pour 50 g of mountain ash into a thermos, pour 0.5 l of boiling water. Insist for 6-8 hours, drink during the day.
- A glass of boiling milk pour 15 g of crushed inflorescences. Insist 5 hours, filter. Drink 100 ml of infusion before meals.
- In 250 ml of boiling water pour 1 tbsp. l rowan berries and 0.5 tbsp. l chopped blackcurrant leaves. The composition is left overnight, filtered in the morning. Take 50 ml during the day.
- Grind dry berries, mix with chopped nettle leaves in a ratio of 3: 1. Pour 1 tbsp. l a mixture of 300 ml of boiling water, cook for 2 minutes. Insist for several hours, preferably in a thermos. The resulting volume is drunk per day, divided into 2-3 doses.
The course of treatment is 2-4 weeks. Additionally, you can use other products with mountain ash: juice, fruit drink, tea, jam.
Mountain ash infusion with anemia
100 g of fresh berries are mashed in mashed potatoes, pour 500 ml of hot water, cover and insist for 2 hours. Infusion is drunk throughout the day.
- 1 tbsp. l fresh leaves
- 1 tbsp. l dried berries
- 250 ml of water.
The leaves are chopped into gruel using a blender, and the berries ground in the coffee grinder are added. The mixture is poured with boiling water, incubated for at least 1 hour. The resulting drink must be taken 50-70 ml 3-4 times a day.
Mountain ash with gastritis
With hypoacid gastritis, intestinal atony, dysbiosis, flatulence, it is recommended to use a decoction of freshly ripened berries. It will help relieve inflammation, suppress the activity of pathogenic microflora, improve digestion of food, and prevent rotting processes. Aronia and red mountain ash are combined in a ratio of 2: 1, crushed with a spoon. 1 tbsp. l the mixture is brewed with a glass of boiling water. Drink before each meal in 15-20 minutes.
A handful of berries is poured with a glass of vodka, insisted for 2 weeks, shaking the container daily. Take 1 tsp. with cough, poor appetite, anemia.
You can prepare tincture from rowan buds. To do this, 1/4 cup of raw materials need to be poured with a glass of vodka and insisted for 10 days. You need to take 30 drops as a restorative and soothing remedy.
To obtain bile and diuretic effects, you can drink a decoction of chokeberry leaves, whose beneficial properties are similar to those of red-fruited.To prepare it, 300 g of fresh or 180 g of dry phyto-raw material is poured 1 liter of boiling water, insisted for 20 minutes and filtered. Take half a cup 3 times a day.
For periodontal diseases, it is useful to rinse your mouth twice a day with a decoction of dried berries: 1 tbsp. l mountain ash, bring to a boil, insist to cool completely. With cystitis, it is recommended to make warm baths from a decoction of rowan bark. It is crushed, filled with water in a ratio of 1:10, boiled for 15 minutes. The procedure helps to reduce pain and stop the inflammatory process.
Fresh berries are scalded with boiling water and washed under running water. They can be passed through a meat grinder. Syrup is made from water and sugar, poured with them mountain ash, brought to a boil, removed from heat, left overnight. The mass is heated, boiled for 10 minutes, allowed to cool. The procedure is repeated another 2-3 times, after which the hot jam is laid out in sterile jars and rolled up.
The product replenishes the reserves of mineral compounds in the body, has a beneficial effect on the heart and blood vessels, prevents the development of colds, accelerates recovery, and helps to recover from the disease.
Mountain ash - useful berry
The berries of mountain ash are a real storehouse of useful substances. 100 g of fruits contain up to 81 g of vitamin C, as well as vitamins B1, B2, B9, A, PP, tocopherol, β-carotene. The composition of berries includes various minerals, including copper, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, calcium, iron and others.
This plant is widespread throughout Europe and North America. Today, there are garden varieties that appeared due to the efforts of breeders. And the mountain ash got such popularity due to its useful properties:
Mountain ash - a valuable assistant in the fight against many diseases
- rowan fruits have natural antibacterial propertieshelping to fight intestinal infections and inhibiting the growth of fungi of various species,
- eating berries allows boost immunity, which can be useful in case of severe weakening after a serious illness,
- active ingredients in rowan berries help stabilize metabolismnormalize metabolic processes,
- mountain ash has diuretic actiondue to which recipes based on it can be used in the prevention of urolithiasis, in the treatment of inflammatory diseases of the genitourinary system,
- fruits improve heart function and significantly lower cholesterol, which favorably affects the state of the vascular bed (reduces the formation of cholesterol plaques),
- with the help of mountain ash it is possible to suppress gas formation, cause slight laxative effect and remove harmful substances from the body.
If you want to grow mountain ash on your site, you can choose seedlings in our catalog, where the products of large garden online stores are presented. Choose rowan seedlings.
Who should not mountain ash
Although mountain ash is very useful, however, there are limitations to its use. In some cases, the use of mountain ash recipes can be harmful. The berry is contraindicated in:
- gastritis with increased acidity of gastric juice,
- urolithiasis, especially in the acute phase (mountain ash can provoke the movement of stones in the ureter, which will adversely affect the patient's condition),
- hypotension, because mountain ash can reduce pressure,
- peptic ulcer of the stomach or duodenum,
- recent heart attacks or strokes,
- coronary heart disease, especially with the development of signs of heart failure,
- under 3 years old.
Mountain ash is useful, but not for everyone
An important contraindication, which is often forgotten, is individual intolerance. With an allergy to mountain ash, you can not use not only fresh fruits, but also various dishes or medicinal products made with the addition of this berry.During pregnancy and lactation, the use of mountain ash is also not recommended by doctors.
How to use mountain ash
Red mountain ash is almost never eaten fresh. The reason for this is the specific bitter-sour taste of berries. However, even our ancestors came up with many ways to process berries, thanks to which not only the bitterness disappears, but also useful properties are preserved.
The easiest way - make rowan juice. To do this, you need about 1 kg of berries, 200-250 g of sugar and a glass of boiled water. Mountain ash before processing is placed in the refrigerator for 72 hours to get rid of bitterness. After this time, the berries are removed and passed through a meat grinder or blender. A glass of water is added to the resulting puree and everything is thoroughly mixed, and then filtered: first with gauze, then through a denser material. Sugar is added to the filtered juice (the amount can be increased if necessary), brought to a boil and poured into prepared dishes.
Another good way to preserve the beneficial properties of fruits is make tea with mountain ash . Dried mountain ash is suitable for the treatment of diarrhea (10 g of berries are poured with 200 ml of boiling water, infused for 15-20 minutes and drunk twice a day). From fresh mountain ash, rose hips and ginger, you can get an excellent cold remedy by pouring boiling water over the ingredients and leaving it in a thermos for 8 hours.
Rowan is useful both fresh and dried
Good anti-cold properties have tincture or infusion of mountain ash.
Tincture suitable for the treatment of adults. To prepare it, pour 200 g of fruit with medical alcohol or cognac, and then place the container in a dark, dry place for 2 weeks. To make the medicine more effective, it is recommended that the container is sometimes shaken and turned over, shaking the contents.
Infusion - A great option for treating children. It is prepared very simply: 9-12 g of fruit is poured into 0.5 l of water and placed in a water bath for 20 minutes. After the mixture is infused for an hour - and done.
Mountain ash is actively used in cosmetology to tone the skin and its nutrition. The easiest way is to use frozen cubes of mountain ash juice to massage your face. You can also cook tonic maskby mixing rowan juice, honey and vegetable oil in a ratio of 1: 1: 1 (recommended - 1 teaspoon of each ingredient) and adding egg yolk to the mixture. Such a mask is applied to the face for about 20 minutes and gives the best effect if combined with a steam bath.
How to harvest and store mountain ash
Healing properties have not only rowan berries, but also other parts of the plant - you can also harvest bark, leaves, flowers. The bark is harvested in early spring or May, the leaves in August, the flowers in May.
Proper harvesting of mountain ash is the key to preserving its useful properties
However, berries are the most beneficial for the body. They can be collected in September-October, if you plan to store fresh or dried. The mountain ash is dried in the shade or in a special dryer until it stops sticking if several berries are squeezed in the hand.
If you plan to make juice from mountain ash, infusions, tinctures, and so on, then the best time to collect is the end of October or the beginning of November. At this time, the first frosts usually strike, and the berries get rid of bitterness.
Mountain ash is an excellent natural assistant in the fight against many diseases. The main thing is to properly prepare the berries for storage and subsequent consumption.
Red rowan juice
The healing properties of red mountain ash juice allow you to use it to rinse your mouth. It improves the condition of the gums and relieves them of bleeding. Internal juice intake normalizes digestion and restores salt metabolism. Juice is prepared according to the following recipe:
- 2 kg of fresh fruit is poured into 2 liters of water and boiled until the berries are soft.
- Using a sieve, the gruel is separated from the juice.
- Ready juice is poured into pre-pasteurized jars and covered with a lid.
A more convenient alternative to making juice is to use a juicer. Folk remedy will be more useful if you do not separate the flesh from it. Doctors advise to take inside not only pasteurized, but also fresh juice. Therefore, a certain amount of the product must be left in the refrigerator.
Infusion of mountain ash for colds and coughs
The healing properties of red rowan berries are especially relevant for colds. To eliminate cough and discomfort in the chest area, berry infusion is most often used. It is prepared as follows:
- 1 tbsp. l dried berries pour 500 ml of water.
- For 20 minutes, the medicinal product is boiled over low heat.
- After removing from heat, leave the drink under the lid for 5 hours.
- If necessary, the berries are separated from the infusion using a sieve.
It is recommended to take an infusion of half a glass before each meal. To increase the vitamin properties of the drink, rose hips are added to it.
Mountain ash infusion for gastritis
The benefits of berries and leaves of red mountain ash for the digestive system is to reduce acidity. To achieve the desired effect, a medicinal drink is taken twice a day. The following ingredients are used in the recipe:
- 40 g of chokeberry,
- 20 g of red mountain ash,
- 500 ml of hot water.
Scheme for preparing the infusion:
- The berry mixture is poured into a deep pot and poured with water.
- For 10 minutes, the contents are boiled under a lid.
- After cooling completely, the infusion is filtered.
Red mountain ash from warts
To eliminate warts, leaf or berry gruel of mountain ash is used. It is applied to a problem place and fixed with a band-aid. The procedure is performed daily for 10 days. The useful properties of mountain ash can eliminate pain and stop the increase in the volume of the wart.
Alcohol addiction treatment
The healing properties of mountain ash are so great that it is introduced into fees for the treatment of alcoholism.
To prepare the collection must be mixed in equal proportions:
- rowan berries
- Dill seeds,
- Hawthorn fruit
- grass shepherd’s bag,
- flax seeds
- wild strawberry leaves,
- motherwort grass,
- mint leaves.
Preparation and use of broth:
- 3 tbsp. tablespoons pour 2 cups boiling water,
- insist about 3 hours,
- strain the infusion
- drink warm 3 times a day for 30 minutes. before meals.
You need to cook fresh infusion daily. The rehabilitation course should be carried out for six months, taking a break after each month for 10 days.
Red rowan jam
Rowan jam is considered an effective vitamin remedy to prevent vitamin deficiency. To achieve a pronounced taste, the jam is boiled three times. The main property of red rowan jam is the strengthening of the body's defenses. Therefore, its benefits are most relevant in the cold season. For cooking use the following ingredients:
- 1.5 liters of water
- 1 kg of sugar
- 1 kg of red berries.
Cooking is carried out in several stages:
- The fruits of the plant are carefully ground with a stupa.
- Sugar syrup is cooked over low heat.
- After boiling, add the berry mixture to the syrup and set aside for 6 hours.
- For 15 minutes, the sweet mixture is boiled over low heat.
Other prescription drugs
Rowan-based medicines have a beneficial effect on cholesterol, have anti-edematous effects, improve blood coagulation, relieve rheumatic pains, and are used for vitamin deficiency and kidney stones. In these cases, freshly squeezed rowan juice is prepared.
- For problems of the endocrine system, drink juice 3 times a day for 1 teaspoon.
- With arthritis, flu, rheumatism, with increased fatigue, fresh rowan juice is drunk in 0.5 cups 3 times a day.
- Tea brewed from dry rowan leaves has a choleretic and diuretic effect, relieves swelling.
- And freshly squeezed juice from spring leaves applied to the skin helps get rid of fungal diseases. Bandages need to be changed every day. Such a wonderful tool is able to get rid of the fungus in just 10 days.
- To cleanse the intestines, fresh berries are passed through a meat grinder, honey or sugar are added and taken before meals, 1 tablespoon.
- From stress, it is useful to eat 5 berries every day. And also the fruits will perfectly relieve headaches and soothe the nervous system.
Mountain ash red useful properties and contraindications
Curly rowan tree can be found not only in the forest, but also in megacities. Varietal varieties of this crop are grown to decorate gardens, parks, squares and harvest. In autumn, a fire bonfire flames of flaming foliage and berries that will decorate twigs throughout the winter. Fruits are the favorite food of wild birds, but this product also brings great benefits to humans. Our ancestors venerated the tree, classifying it as sacred. And now red mountain ash useful properties and contraindications, which are discussed in this article, gives people health. To take advantage of this valuable gift of nature, we suggest you learn how to properly prepare and apply various products, store the collected raw materials and grow a culture in the garden.
Mountain ash red - description, photo
Since ancient times, the graceful camp of mountain ash has been compared with a girl's figure, so the tree is considered to be feminine. A lot of various legends, beliefs and signs are associated with it. It is believed that the girl mourning the deceased lover turned into a stately beauty-mountain ash. Every fall, she drops scarlet tears on the falling snow, like drops of blood shed for unquenchable love.
Ancestors venerated the tree, believing that it can protect against evil and give good health. It was simply forbidden to pluck flowers, leaves, branches and fruits for sure, they asked for forgiveness and explained to nature why they are collecting raw materials. And they harvested crops for the preparation of sweets and treatment, made wreaths and bouquets of brides from branches, and used them in ritual rites. It was believed that a mountain ash growing near the house would protect the home from fires, evil forces, and witchcraft.
It is interesting! An old belief says: if nature took care of the birds and gave them a rich harvest of rowan berries, it should be a harsh winter. With modern climate changes, it is not worth trusting completely.
Sorbus aucuparia is the Latin name for the genus of trees or shrubs belonging to the pink family. The range of the genus covers vast territories; mountain ash is widespread throughout the temperate climatic zone. The mountainous area transforms the plant, turning it into a shrub. Bright beauty prefers to grow solitary in the clearings and edges of coniferous forest. Incredible winter hardiness and the ability to tolerate shading endowed the plant with a persistent character, and adaptability to various conditions of existence allowed to spread around the world.
Trees reach a height of 5 to 10 meters, there are also taller specimens. The crown seems openwork due to carved foliage, the shape of the crown is round. Skeletal shoots of adults are covered with a light grayish-brown bark, casting gloss. In young shoots, the branches are dressed in the edge, cast in a reddish tint. The buds of the plant are also downy.
Know! Modern travelers and fishermen still use an old-fashioned technique - they disinfect water, lowering a branch of mountain ash there, as our ancestors did, going to work in the fields, on the mowing.
Especially beautiful is a leaf consisting of 7-15 elongated-lanceolate lobes. The length of the plate is up to 20 cm, the next arrangement. Lobes unpaired, pinnate with serrated serration in the upper part. The upper part of the plates is green, matte, from below the leaves appear paler due to the white edge.The autumn outfit of the forest beauty is beautiful - foliage flares up with a bonfire, about which Sergei Yesenin wrote "he cannot warm anyone." The leaves turn yellow at first, and then acquire shades from orange to crimson.
In late spring or early summer, mountain ash is densely covered with snow-white corymbose inflorescences, which makes it look like a bride. Corolla consists of five petals, reaches a diameter of 8-15 mm. Flowering is accompanied by the release of trimethylamine - a gaseous substance with an unpleasant odor of ammonia or herring.
You will be surprised, but the fruit of the plant is an apple, because the closest relatives of the apple and pear culture. Tiny apples reach a diameter of 10 mm, ripen by early fall. Inside the bullseye are small seeds. It is customary to eat crops only after good frosts, when part of the bitterness disappears. The color of the berries is not only red, varietal varieties bring orange and yellowish crops.
On a note! Mountain ash is an unpretentious culture that preserves decorativeness throughout the season. Breeders derived a lot of fruit varieties and garden forms.
Nature endowed the tree with a bitter harvest, but at the beginning of the 19th century several mutational forms were discovered that lacked bitterness in taste. Based on them, valuable fruit varieties were bred - Nevezhinskaya, Kubovaya, Rozina, Sorbinka, Businka, Pomegranate, Burka. Decorative garden forms are beautiful - undersized Nana, Pyramidalis with a high crown of a pyramidal shape, Pendula with drooping branches, as well as variegated (variegated) cultivars.
In spring, the culture gives nectar, from which the bees make coarse honey with a thick fragrance and a reddish tint. Animals are fed with apples and green foliage, and chic furniture is made of wood. For culinary purposes, a fruit variety crop is used, but you can easily make healthy nectar, jam, marmalade, bitter tinctures, and natural candies from apples of a forest beauty.
Chemical composition, nutritional value of red mountain ash
The beneficial properties of tiny red apples are due to the rich chemical composition:
- The fruits contain about 5% sugar, but the content of sorbitol and sorbose, used as sugar substitutes, makes the product affordable for diabetics.
- Organic acids - tartaric, malic, citric, succinic. They improve metabolism and have a beneficial effect on digestion.
- Amino acids are the building blocks of all body systems.
- Tannins, bitterness - improve appetite, the work of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Pectins, dietary fiber - remove toxins and toxins, improve the digestive tract.
- Flavonoids, phytoncides - are on guard of immunity, have a bactericidal effect.
- Carotene, vitamin E - antioxidants, have beneficial effects on the organs of vision, skin, bone tissue, rejuvenate, stimulate the growth of new cells.
- B vitamins - soothe the nervous system, participate in metabolic processes, cleanse and strengthen blood vessels, remove cholesterol, and stimulate the work of endocrine glands.
- Sorbic acid is a natural preservative that prevents the development of pathogenic microflora.
- Ascorbic acid - strengthens blood vessels, stimulates the immune system.
- Trace elements - Mn, Cu, K, Zn, Ca, Na, Mg, Fe, P, Cu. They are necessary for the body to function properly in all systems.
Know! Tiny apples have more vitamin C than lemon and iron than ordinary apples.
Useful and healing properties
Consider the useful and healing properties of the gift of autumn:
- Prevention of vitamin deficiency. The amount of vitamins and minerals in the product makes it indispensable for the normalization of the body's immune functions.
- Metabolic regulation, maintaining energy balance. This is especially important for an exhausted person with a serious illness.
- Prevention and treatment of anemia.
- Strengthens blood vessels, improves blood circulation microcirculation.
- It has a powerful hepatoprotective effect, restores liver cells.
- Suppresses fermentation processes, destroys pathogenic microflora. This property is equally good for treating intestinal infections and protecting home preservation.
- It has a diuretic effect, due to which blood pressure decreases, toxic substances are excreted, edema disappears.
- Oncoprotective effect - prevents the development of cancer cells.
- Laxative. Thanks to dietary fiber, it establishes the work of the lower intestine.
- Helps to restore the secretory function of the stomach with low acidity.
- Accelerates the process of blood coagulation, heals wounds.
- Lowers cholesterol, prevents the formation of plaques on the walls of blood vessels.
- Eliminates fungi of various origins.
- It normalizes the metabolism and functioning of the endocrine system, relieves inflammatory processes, strengthens the immune system - thanks to these properties it is used in diabetic diets, it helps to treat atherosclerosis, rheumatism.
- Soothes the nervous system, improves sleep, relieves stress.
- Rejuvenates skin, hair, has beneficial effects on bone tissue, and is used for cosmetic purposes.
On a note! In traditional medicine, the use of all parts of the plant is allowed. Official medicine recognized only the beneficial qualities of the crop. You can buy dried raw materials at any pharmacy.
For facial skin
In cosmetology, mountain ash is valued for its bactericidal, anti-aging and whitening properties. It is in demand in the process of preparing masks and tonics for cleansing the skin. With regular use of products based on it, the skin is tightened and restored after damage. The following recipes are especially popular.
The main property of red mountain ash with honey is to have a rejuvenating and tonic effect on the skin surface. Such a rejuvenating mask contains a large amount of vitamins, which helps to protect against the influence of adverse environmental factors.
- Gruel is made from berries, after which honey is added to it.
- So that the consistency does not turn out to be too viscous, the mask is diluted with water.
- After thorough mixing, the mass is distributed over the face and neck.
- After 15 minutes, it is washed off with warm water.
To make a lifting mask at home, you will need:
- 30 ml of milk or cream
- 1 tsp rowan gruel,
- 20 g of cottage cheese.
A cosmetic product is prepared according to the following scheme:
- The cottage cheese is wiped with a sieve, after which warm milk is added to it.
- After mixing the ingredients, a berry mixture is added to them.
- The mask is applied evenly on the face for 15 minutes. If unpleasant sensations arise, it must be washed off ahead of time.
Application in traditional medicine: treatment of red mountain ash recipes
All parts of the forest healer bring benefits to the human body. In traditional medicine, a fresh crop, juice, infusions, decoctions, alcohol tincture are used. First of all, the listed drugs enrich the body with vitamins and minerals. Each remedy has preparation features and a regimen for various diseases. Consider the most popular recipes recommended by traditional healers.
For health and beauty of hair
Due to its anti-inflammatory property, mountain ash perfectly copes with dandruff without harming the hair structure. Experts recommend the use of masks based on it for owners of oily hair type.
Dandruff Mask Ingredients:
- With the help of a meat grinder, juice is extracted from berries.
- Garlic is peeled and ground using a grater.
- The components are mixed until smooth and distributed over the hair.
- To create a greenhouse effect, a head is wrapped in a towel.
- After an hour, the mask is washed off with warm water. The garlic odor is neutralized by rinsing with vinegar.
Mask components for reducing oily hair:
- 3 tbsp. l fresh mint leaves
- 3 tbsp. l mountain ash.
- Rowan with mint is passed through a meat grinder.
- The resulting slurry is rubbed into the scalp with rubbing movements.
- The head is wrapped with plastic wrap and a towel.
- After 30 minutes, the mask is removed using shampoo.
Herbal collection for flu and colds
For the prevention and treatment of colds, various herbal remedies, including berries of the culture, are suitable. Of these, infusions and decoctions are prepared. To prepare a decoction for colds, take:
- dried or fresh raw materials (berry),
- dried nettle leaves.
The ratio of components in this recipe is 7: 3. Mix the prepared ingredients, take a tablespoon of the finished collection and pour 400 ml of hot water. Boil for 1-2 minutes, insist for four hours. Drink a ready-made broth in half a glass 2-3 times a day. The course of admission is 3-4 weeks.
Red rowanberry harm and contraindications
Despite the mass of useful properties, mountain ash can be harmful to health. This is due to the content of parasorbic acid. It contributes to the destruction of vitamin B12. This provokes nervous disorders, the main reason for which is the gradual death of nerve cells.
Product harm also lies in the high risk of developing diarrhea. It arises due to the presence of pectin in the berry. With ischemia and hypertension, eating berries can contribute to the deterioration of the patient's well-being. The berry is harmful if there is an excessive amount of it or if there are contraindications. These include:
- age up to 3 years
- low blood pressure
- individual intolerance,
- the period of feeding and bearing a child,
- diseases accompanied by increased acidity of the stomach,
- predisposition to the formation of blood clots.
Harvesting and storage of mountain ash
To prepare traditional medicine, fresh fruits, bark, leaves and branches of the plant are used. The beneficial properties of red mountain ash bark are better preserved if raw materials are collected before the sap flow begins. First, branches are cut with the help of a pruner, only after that the bark is separated.
Branches are cut in the spring along with the buds. Before drying, they are crushed into pieces of 1 cm. Plant flowers are collected in May. Leaves are cut in August. It was at this time that the largest amount of vitamin C was concentrated in them. The period of berry collection is determined by the purpose of their use. If they plan to use them in cooking, then the optimal period for collection is from October to November. For drying, berries are picked in early autumn.
Fresh berries can be stored in the refrigerator for a month. In the frozen state, their shelf life is increased to six months. As part of jam, mashed potatoes and compote, the product is suitable for use for several years.
Useful properties of red mountain ash
Rowan red is widely used not only in folk, but also in official, traditional medicine. Its fruits are rich in tannins, as well as ascorbic, folic, malic, citric, sorbic and succinic acids. The latter is especially rare, because almost every person experiences its lack. And folic acid is very useful for pregnant women - it acts as a prevention of miscarriage in the early stages of gestation.
Rowan contains the following vitamins: B, E, C, B1, P and PP. In addition to sucrose and fructose, there is sorbose in the berries, giving them a tart and bitter taste.
The main healing effect of mountain ash is disinfection. Its antioxidant properties are also highly valued. Eating fruits in any form protects the human body from the negative from free radicals.
Due to the high content of potassium in mountain ash, folk remedies based on it have a hemostatic effect.
Those who follow their figure or are on a diet, you can not worry, in 100 grams of red rowan berries only 43 Kcal, the sugar in it is in a form that allows it to be absorbed, even by patients with diabetes mellitus.
When to collect and harvest mountain ash
For medicinal purposes, not only berries are used, but also bark, leaves, as well as flowers of this tree. The bark needs to be cut in the spring, and casting is torn off in the middle of summer. Rowan flowers are also harvested then. They must be dried in a well-ventilated place, eliminating direct sunlight. Store bark, dry inflorescences and leaves should be in conditions that prevent moisture from entering.
Fruits are ready for use no earlier than mid-autumn. It is ideal to collect them after the first frost, it is believed that then excessive bitterness leaves them. True, such raw materials in fresh form will not be stored for long. The berries will have to be preserved or succumb to a quick freeze in the chamber.
Indications and contraindications for the use of mountain ash
Based on a set of vitamins, minerals and other active substances, you can create a list of indications and contraindications for taking mountain ash and products based on it. Rowan red is useful in the following conditions:
For cosmetic purposes, mountain ash is used to cleanse the skin and improve its appearance.
Despite the long list of useful qualities, mountain ash and preparations based on it have their contraindications, which must be taken into account before taking the drug:
- coronary heart disease and recent heart attack,
- poor blood coagulation
- hypotension and VSD,
- age less than 3 years.
Recipes for cooking and preserving for the winter
There are many ways to harvest and preserve mountain ash. It all depends on how and for what purpose the berry will be used. Rowan products are frozen or dried, tinctures and liqueurs are made from berries. There are also several ways to make rowan jam on honey and using sugar. Mountain ash can be one of the components of a treat, or be its basis.
Storage of mountain ash fresh or dried
To dry the berries or keep them fresh as long as possible, the mountain ash cannot be washed. There is a special protective layer on the berries. It is he who will prevent decay, allowing the raw material to dry, while retaining many of its beneficial properties. To keep the mountain ash fresh, you need to hang it in clusters in a cool but not wet place, for example, on a balcony or in a dry basement. To dry it, grapes should be torn off by spreading a berry raw material in a thin layer on trays or sheets. It is advisable to pre-cover them with a clean cloth or paper - this will allow excess moisture from the berries to leave, and not start the process of rotting. From time to time, raw materials need to be ted. When the berries are dry, they can be folded in a container and stored where there is no excessive moisture and direct sunlight.
You can speed up the drying by placing the mountain ash in the oven on a baking sheet. It dries at a temperature of no more than 70 degrees. Finished raw materials are stored up to 2 years.
Quick freezing is one of the easiest and most effective ways to harvest any berries, including rowan berries. To do this, they should be cut off from the bunches, and then sorted and folded into plastic bags or special plastic boxes. Immediately after this, the berries are placed in the freezer, where the quick freeze mode is activated.
Rowan with sugar
A relatively simple and affordable way to preserve healthy rowan berries is to preserve them in sugar. Rowan need to be torn off from bunches, washed and laid in pre-sterilized jars with a layer of about 1-1.5 centimeters thick. Then the same amount of sugar is poured on top. So the layers alternate until the jar is full. The top layer is necessarily sugar.Based on the procurement method, both components of the berry-sugar mixture are taken in approximately equal proportions. It is not possible to ram the layers mechanically when filling the can, but it can be shaken a little to compact the contents.
Alternatively, you can chop and mix the selected and washed berries and sugar in a blender, and then transfer the mixture to jars. In the absence of a blender, mountain ash can be grinded in a meat grinder, and then mixed with sugar.
A useful workpiece is stored in the refrigerator for up to six months, if the temperature is 0- + 6 degrees, at a temperature of up to +9 degrees, its shelf life is halved.
Those who like to combine business with pleasure, will most like this way of preserving rowan berries, such as making jam. At the same time, many of the beneficial substances of the berry component are preserved.
Classic Rowan Jam
For a classic recipe you will need:
- 1 kilogram of sugar
- 2 kilograms of berries,
- 350 grams of water.
Those who like very sweet jam can take less than a pound of rowan. Pre-sorted and washed berries should be blanched in water for several minutes, then set aside, draining the liquid. Syrup is boiled separately from water and sugar, which then should be filled with heat-treated berry raw materials. The combined components must be left to brew for at least 6 hours. It is best to start making jam in the evening to continue in the morning. It is infused at room temperature.
When the berries and syrup are infused, put them on a small fire, bring to a boil and, after 5-7 minutes, remove from heat. After waiting a quarter of an hour, the manipulation should be repeated. Total, the jam boils 3 times, until the mountain ash is completely softened. Immediately after the third boiling session, the jam is poured into clean, sterilized jars, rolled up and wrapped until it cools completely.
The use of red mountain ash in home cosmetology
Rowan is useful for healthy skin, nails and hair. It cleanses, whitens, softens, tones and rejuvenates the skin, regulates the sebaceous glands, eliminates dandruff, activates the growth of hair mass, strengthens the nail plates, eliminates fungal lesions. It is used as a separate tool or as part of baths, masks, tonics, scrubs, creams and ointments.
Fast Rowan Jam
To make jam from rowan berries as simple and fast as possible, you must adhere to the following proportions:
- 500 grams of berries
- 1 kilogram of sugar
- 200 grams of water. If the mountain ash is juicy, then 150 grams is enough.
The raw berry is washed and moved, then blanched in water for 5-7 minutes. Separately, you need to boil the syrup by mixing water with sugar and bringing to a boil over low heat. After this, the procedure is extremely simple: you need to pour the berries with syrup and leave for 15 hours. Next, the jam is brought to a boil, and after 5-7 minutes it is poured into jars and closed with lids. Such a product is stored in the refrigerator. However, you can boil for 20 minutes and roll up. Tanks must first be washed and sterilized.
Frozen Rowan Jam
If the berries were picked after frosts, then keeping them fresh or dried for a long time will not work. The only way out is to make jam.
For him you will need:
- 700-750 grams of berries,
- 1.5 kilograms of sugar
- 1 incomplete glass of water.
Berries are washed and picked, and then placed for 1 hour in the oven at a temperature of no more than 40 degrees. After that, they are bathed in hot, but not boiling water. Separately, sugar syrup is prepared, with which, subsequently, berries are poured. Jam is cooked over low heat in 3-4 sets. After each boiling, it is removed from the fire for 15-20 minutes. Ready jam is poured into clean and sterilized containers, and after cooling, they are placed in a cold place - in the basement or refrigerator.
What are the beneficial substances in mountain ash?
Aronia is a unique multivitamin product. In this, she is not inferior to the black-fruited "relative" - chokeberry. Its composition contains such useful Components:
- yellow-orange pigment carotene (its content in leaves and fruits is greater than in carrots, oranges),
- vitamins of various groups (C, B1, B2, P, PP, E, K, etc.),
- water-soluble vitamin B9 - folic acid,
- micro and macro elements - iron (2 mg), potassium (230 mg), manganese (2 mg), phosphorus (17 mg), magnesium (331 mg), calcium (42 mg), etc.,
- amino acids
- organic substances exhibiting acidic properties (malic, tartaric acid, etc.),
- from 8 to 13% sugars,
- several types of tannins, pectin,
- flavonoids (plant polyphenols) - block the harmful effects of free radicals on cells, prevent the development of atherosclerosis, alter the body’s response to allergens, prevent the development of inflammatory processes, the onset and growth of malignant neoplasms, and effectively fight viruses,
- phospholipids - are a source of phosphoric acid required for the normal functioning of the human body,
- essential oils with strong pharmacological properties,
- Amygdalin (Vitamin B17) - an organic compound that specifically destroys cancer cells, improves metabolic processes in the body, slows down degenerative processes in the body, and normalizes blood pressure.
Record low protein content in berries. Their caloric content is only 43 kcal per 100 g. The bitter substances, when processed by the human body, are transformed into hydrocyanic acid (hydrocyanic), which is the strongest poison. Therefore, it is contraindicated to consume fresh fruits in large quantities without preliminary freezing, despite their benefits.
What are the useful (healing) properties of red mountain ash?
In folk (alternative) medicine, not only rowan fruits are widely used, but also bark, inflorescences and leaves. However, it was the red rowan berries that were difficult to overestimate. They have the following healing effects:
- thanks to a rich complex of vitamins and minerals, they contribute to prevention and treatment vitamin deficiency,
- possess hemostatic effect, are used for uterine bleeding,
- contribute to lowering blood pressure, shown to people with an initial stage hypertension,
- improve digestionincrease appetite, eliminate fermentation in the intestines,
- are having choleretic and laxative soft effects
- possess diuretic, decongestant action
- activate the immune system person
- strengthen the walls of arteries, veins and capillaries, reduce the level cholesterol,
- have a calming effect, help to cope with insomnia,
- phytoncides present in the composition destroy pathogens: mold, staphylococcus, fungus, etc.,
- improve vision,
- possess bactericidal properties
- help with intoxication carbon monoxide, heavy metals, radiation exposure,
- contribute to speedy healing wounds
- smooth out wrinkles,
- prevent education cancer cells.
Rowan bark and leaves contain useful volatile, necessary for the treatment of fungal skin lesions, eczema. Flowers, mountain ash and leaves are characterized by powerful hemostatic properties. Astringents cure diarrhea, promote the withdrawal of carbohydrates, which gradually leads to healthy weight loss.
Mountain ash flowers - an excellent diuretic and a remedy for colds. Flower tea relieves the symptoms of hemorrhoids, relieves liver pain.
List diseases, in which the use of mountain ash is indicated, is huge:
- gastritis with low acidity,
- heavy periods
- fungal diseases
- arrhythmia, heart failure,
- fragility of capillaries,
- jade, cystitis, kidney stones,
- hepatitis, cholecystitis,
- wounds, burns, fractures,
Rowan berries are not only tasty and fragrant, but also healthy in their own way. The use of it in small doses strengthens the immune system. To make a drink, you need to take 1 liter of water and vodka or alcohol, 2 kilograms of ripe mountain ash and 1 kilo of sugar.
Berries are washed and moved. In a separate container, syrup is made from water and sugar. Then berries are poured with it, everything is mixed and insisted until it cools. Then alcohol is poured there. The vessel must be sealed with a lid and insisted in a darkened, cool place for at least 3 weeks, occasionally shaking. Then the drink is filtered through cheesecloth, poured into a bottle and stored in the cellar or in the refrigerator. Pouring is suitable for use within 5 years from the date of production.
How to choose the right
Berries should be picked from trees growing away from industrial zones and roads. Large, ripe fruits with intact, shiny skin are chosen. They must be dry and soft. The mountain ash collected before the first frost contains more useful substances and is stored longer, but under the influence of frost it partially loses bitterness and becomes more pleasant to the taste.
Harvesting and storage of berries
Collection is carried out in October or November. The berries are removed from the trees and stored fresh in the refrigerator at a temperature of about + 2 ° C for several months. Dried mountain ash retains its healing properties for about 2 years. For drying, it is laid out in a thin layer, kept in a ventilated room or in the oven at 40 ° C. If the berries do not emit juice when pressed, they are poured into a glass container, tightly closed and cleaned in a dark place.
If you find an error, please select a piece of text and press Ctrl + Enter.
Options for harvesting mountain ash, in which it retains all the useful properties
There are many ways to procure the fruits of mountain ash for the future, which will save maximum benefits and healing power. In winter, such blanks can be used for the manufacture of various traditional medicine.
The mountain ash is harvested in the form of drying, berry juice, healthy jams, various liquors, alcohol tinctures, etc. Bark, leaves and flowers are usually dried for the subsequent preparation of decoctions. When applied fresh, the leaves are ground into gruel, juice is squeezed from the flowers. The use of mountain ash in any of the above storage forms provides a good preventive effect, helps fight many diseases.
- Fresh berries. Long stored fresh or frozen. To avoid any health problems, it is enough to eat 10 berries a day.
- Rowan juice. The cooking method is simple: rinse the berries, boil for 3 minutes over low heat, wipe through a sieve. Prepare 20% sugar syrup based on the same water. Combine with mountain ash. Bring to a temperature of 85 degrees. Pour into jars. At sore throat recommend gargling with a solution of 1 tsp. rowan juice and a glass of water. At low acidity and diseases biliary tract take 1 tsp. product half an hour before meals.
- Mountain ash with honey. For 1 kg of berries - a pound of liquid honey. Put the fruits in a jar. Pour in bee gold. For prophylaxis throat diseases, otitis media, viral diseases, vitamin deficiency It is recommended to eat 2 tablespoons of this mixture 3 times a day.
- Rowan berries twisted with sugar. The amount of granulated sugar is adjustable to taste. Someone takes one to one, and someone takes 2 parts of a mountain ash - one part of a sweetener. Twist the berries in a meat grinder. Pour in sugar. Shuffle. This useful medicine is used as a multivitamin and preventive means.
- Dried mountain ash. Arrange the washed berries in a thin layer on a tray.Dry in an open oven at a temperature of 75 degrees. either outdoors. Used for cooking infusions and decoctions.
- Rowan liquor. For 2 kilos of berries - a kilogram of sugar, a liter of water, a liter of vodka. Put everything in a jar. Close with a clean lid. Place in a dark, dry place. The liquor is ready in 3 weeks. Shake occasionally. It is enough to drink a glass every 2 days to maintain good health.
Folk recipes of healthy decoctions and infusions based on red mountain ash
- To effectively cleanse the intestines, you need to prepare such an infusion. 1 tsp crush fresh (after freezing) rowan berries in a mortar or grind with a spoon. Pour a glass of drinking boiled water at room temperature. After 6-8 hours, the product is ready for use. No straining required. For the day you need to drink the entire portion. Continue treatment for about a week.
- To get rid of flatulence The following recipe is recommended. Take rowan fruits, dried valerian root, fresh mint leaves, dill seed in a ratio of 4: 2: 3: 3. In a glass of boiling water put 1 tbsp. l collection. Insist. Strain. Apply half a glass twice a day. Contraindications: individual intolerance to components, arterial hypotension.
- Remedy for low acidity the stomach. Measure the raw fruits of mountain ash and sugar in a proportion of 5: 3 (by weight). To mix. Cover with gauze. Allow to stand for about 7 hours at room temperature. Rowan will start up juice. Put on a small fire for about half an hour. Strain. It turns out syrup, which should be taken three times a day before eating 1 tbsp. l The recommended duration of treatment is about 30 days.
- Lowering level blood sugar. Mix a small handful of mountain ash, yarrow (1 tbsp.), Alfalfa (1 tsp.), Clover leaves (1 tsp.). Pour boiling water (in the amount of half a liter). Leave at room temperature for 30 minutes. To achieve a therapeutic effect, it is necessary to take inside 50 ml of infusion before meals three times a day. The minimum course is 14 days.
- In treatment cholecystitis (inflammation of the gallbladder) this decoction will help. Combine equal parts of dried rowan berries, dried rosehips, corn stigmas and dried cut grass (yarrow). To fill in half a liter of boiling water 2 tbsp. tablespoons of the obtained raw materials. Boil over low heat for about 12-15 minutes. Let the drug stand for half an hour. Drink half a glass 3-4 times a day, 30-40 minutes before eating. The course of admission is 3-4 weeks.
- Overwork, problems with falling asleep, chronic insomnia will recede if you regularly drink this broth. Stack dried berries (50 g), dried rowan flowers (3 tbsp.), Oregano (1 tbsp.), Peppermint (4 tbsp.) In one bowl. Pour 1 tbsp in a glass of boiling water. l collection. Boil over moderate heat for five minutes. Cool. Use at night.
- Kidney cleansing. Insist 1 tbsp. l berries in a glass of boiling water for about an hour. Such tea should be drunk half a cup 2-3 times a day.
- Constant feeling tired, distraction, weakness. Stir 3 tbsp. l dry leaves of mountain ash and 1 tbsp. l berries. Pour cold water (1 cup). Boil for 10 minutes over low heat. Strain, cool. Drink 50 ml 2-3 times a day.
- Full gastrointestinal cleansing carried out with the help of mountain ash kvass, which helps to eliminate toxins and toxins from the body. Preparation: grind 1 tbsp. a spoonful of sour cream with a glass of sugar. Add 3 L of whey. Hang half a glass of rowan berries in a bag of gauze with a load. Pour the mixture. Kvass should roam for 2-3 weeks. It must be periodically stirred, remove the mold. Drink a drink for a month 15 minutes before a meal. The dose is determined individually (maximum half a glass).
- At fungal diseases help gruel from fresh leaves and berries of red rowan. How to cook: mix leaves and fruits in equal proportions.Twist through a meat grinder (kill in a blender). Apply to affected areas with a thick layer. After drying, gently rinse the pulp with warm water. Perform the procedure daily until a result is achieved.
Contraindications for internal or external use of mountain ash for medicinal purposes
Despite the fact that mountain ash has a lot of useful and healing properties, not everyone can use it. Admission is contraindicated in:
- breastfeeding (only with the permission of the doctor),
- high acidity of the stomach,
- increased blood clotting, tendency to form blood clots,
- after a heart attack and stroke.
There is no consensus on the benefits of mountain ash for hypotonics. Many experts believe that the berry is contraindicated at low pressure. Others are sure that it does not lower the pressure, but normalizes it. Therefore, the plant should be used for hypotension with caution, tracking changes in well-being.
Resolving cough tablets
A folk recipe will make it possible to prepare excellent pills for cough and sore throat. The anti-inflammatory effect will relieve symptoms, and bactericidal properties will destroy the pathogenic microflora in the throat.
Take some ripe bunches, rinse, sort out. Grind the fruits and add twice as much water. Evaporate in a water bath for 6 hours, then strain the liquid from the cake and seeds. Continue to evaporate until thickened. When the base has cooled, form tablets. Slowly dissolve the medicine by swallowing saliva.
On a note! Such a home remedy is not inferior in effectiveness to pharmaceutical preparations, but does not contain harmful components, sugar, dyes.
Herbalism for dysbiosis
Digestive disorders can permanently unsettle. If dyspepsia is associated with a violation of intestinal microflora, use a proven recipe for infusion. You will need not only the fruits, but also the flowers of the tree, as well as the root of the common calamus. Mix three parts of rowan raw with one part of the root. Pour a tablespoon of the collection with a glass of cold water. The mixture should stand for an hour, then it is brought to a boil and removed from the stove. Drink a warm infusion before eating half a glass until the unpleasant phenomena disappear completely.
Healing syrup for liver diseases
A powerful hepatoprotective effect fully reflects the healing syrup. To make a potion you will need 5 kg of freshly harvested crop, from which juice should be squeezed. Combine two glasses of liquid and the same amount of sugar, boil over low heat until syrup is obtained. It is enough to boil the mixture twice over low heat for 20 minutes. Pour into a dark bottle and put in the refrigerator.
Apply the drug, diluting a small amount with warm water. After drinking a glass of warm solution, lie on your right side. After 2 hours of rest, discomfort in the liver will disappear.
Prescription for constipation
The crop is rich in fiber, dietary fiber and pectin, so it will help to improve bowel function. To normalize the stool, turn the berries into mashed potatoes and mix with the same amount of sugar. Such a cold jam is eaten in 2 tablespoons 2 times a day, until the problem is completely resolved.
Important! The jam should be stored in sealed containers in the refrigerator.
Alcoholic tincture of the kidneys
The fluffy buds of the tree strengthen immunity, restore vision and memory, and help overcome anemia. Collect half a glass of kidneys and fill with a half-liter bottle of quality vodka. Tincture insist 10 days, take 30 drops to a meal. Treatment is carried out until the desired result is achieved.
On a note! If you eat 10 buds of a plant every day, in just 10 days you can achieve improved memory and vision.
Mountain ash juice: healing and beneficial properties
Freshly squeezed juice from tiny rowan apples contains all the nutrients listed above, has a low calorie content of 43 kcal.
It is used in the treatment of inflammatory processes in all body systems, normalizes blood pressure, increases the secretory function of the stomach, normalizes the menstrual cycle, eliminates uterine bleeding of various origins. Rowan juice destroys salt deposits in the joints, therefore it is used as an additional therapy in the treatment of arthrosis, arthritis, gout. Plant nectar inhibits fermentation processes, destroys pathogenic microflora - an excellent anti-dysenteric drug, a cough, cholecystitis, and hepatitis medicine.
Treatment with a herbal preparation is started only after consulting a doctor, since something else may be hidden under the alleged disease. With improper therapy, the patient's condition may worsen, therefore it is mandatory to find out the information from the doctor.
Getting juice is easy enough. Sort the harvested crop, rinse thoroughly. Mash the berries in a mortar and squeeze through a few layers of gauze. You can use an electric juicer.
It is interesting! Healing nectar contains pectin, which helps to remove harmful substances, including radionuclides. It is used in rehabilitation therapy of patients who received a large dose of radiation.
Rowan juice treatment regimens
Consider several ways to treat rowan juice:
- If you have hemorrhoids, drink nectar three times a day before meals, 100 grams each, seasoning with a spoonful of natural honey or sugar. Drink the drink with cold water. The course of treatment is 2-3 weeks. The same scheme is shown for constipation.
- To ensure a full outflow of bile with biliary dyskinesia, the product is drunk a teaspoon three times a day before a meal.
- Glaucoma, kidney disease, atherosclerosis, unstable glands of internal secretion, gastritis with low acidity are treated with freshly squeezed juice. Drink a teaspoon 30 minutes before meals three times a day.
- Rheumatic pains pass from drinking 50–70 ml of juice mixed with 50–70 ml of milk and a tablespoon of honey. The scheme is the same - three times a day before meals. The drink suppresses the inflammatory process that is present in the diseased joint, cleanses of salt deposits.
- You can help a sore throat by rinsing from a glass of warm water and a tablespoon of vegetable nectar. Gargle 3-5 times a day until complete recovery.
- From a healing drink you can prepare an excellent lotion for cleansing oily skin. Mix it with lemon or parsley juice (2 tablespoons each) and vodka (40 ml), wipe the skin in the morning and evening.
- Wipe your face and décolleté daily with a frozen cube of mountain ash nectar. The tool will help with withering of the dermis, tighten the silhouette, give the skin a healthy look. Recipes for masks with vegetable nectar can be found below.
Know! For long-term storage, the raw materials are canned with minimal heat treatment. The drink is brought to a boil and immediately poured into a sterilized container, rolled up with sterile lids. Sugar syrup is optionally added.
The healing properties of red mountain ash for women
The graceful tree of our ancestors symbolized the feminine principle. It is not surprising that this forest healer brings a lot of benefits to women's health. Since biologically active components increase the tone of the muscles of the uterus, it is therefore better for pregnant women to refrain from taking funds with this plant. If there are no contraindications or allergies, small doses will also benefit expectant mothers. So, only 10 berries will eliminate nausea in case of toxicosis, make up for the deficiency of vitamins, and improve appetite.
Hemostatic properties will help in the fight against heavy menstruation. The recipe for the decoction can be found below.In combination with other plant components or separately from them, the plant will help establish digestion, get rid of cholesterol, remove toxins and toxins, and purify the blood. Such properties successfully cope with the regulation of metabolism, contribute to weight loss.
Due to the normalization of the hormonal background, therapeutic drugs (decoctions, infusions, herbal tea) are used for adjunctive therapy for menopause. The bactericidal effect will quickly cope with thrush and diseases of the genitourinary system, accompanied by an inflammatory process.
On a note! The listed beneficial qualities also include the ability to regenerate and rejuvenate tissues. Forest guest is an excellent tool for maintaining youth and beauty.
How to apply mountain ash under pressure
Every third person suffers from hypertension. High pressure causes headaches, anxiety, sleep disturbance, with the progression of the disease, pathologies of the heart, blood vessels and kidneys join.
Scarlet apples are an excellent remedy for pressure and other related problems of the cardiovascular system. Matured berries should be taken every morning on an empty stomach with 50 grams of product. Such a medicine is available and suitable for long-term use. After 3 weeks of treatment, they take a week break and resume the course. Suitable for reducing pressure and juice, which is drunk in a third of a glass in the morning for a month.
How to cook mountain ash infusion - recipes and application
Infusion is called water or alcohol extraction of useful components of plant materials. If the preparation is prepared on the basis of water, it is customary to call it infusion, when alcohol or vodka is used as the basis - tincture, tincture or alcohol infusion. Consider several recipes for infusions, their use for the treatment of various diseases.
To protect yourself from colds, it is better to prepare in advance for the start of the season. In spring and autumn, drink a course of healing tinctures, which will strengthen the immune system. To make it, fill two half-liter bottles with two-thirds of the berries. Pour to the top with high-quality vodka, plug the container. Put in a dark place for insisting for 3 weeks, occasionally shake the bottle to enhance extraction. In the morning and in the evening, drink 1-2 tablespoons before eating.
A tincture of two hundred grams of berries and half a liter of vodka will help alleviate the symptoms of hormonal changes during menopause. She is insisted for 3 weeks and they drink 20 drops three times a day.
Remember! Vodka must be of high quality, otherwise the medicine will harm the body.
For cleaning vessels
A special composition will help cleanse blood vessels of cholesterol. At its core:
- burdock root - 20 g
- garlic head - 5 pieces,
- lemon with zest - 5 pieces,
- mountain ash - 2 clusters,
- viburnum - 2 clusters.
After cleaning and washing, all components are scrolled through a meat grinder. 1 kg of natural honey is added to the pulp, mixed and incubated for 7 days. Such an infusion is drunk between meals of 20 g three times a day.
Mountain ash red in home cosmetology mask recipes
Rowan masks rejuvenate the skin, eliminate inflammatory processes, have a calming, cleansing and whitening effect. They are applied to clean skin and kept for 15-20 minutes. The best result can be achieved from daily application with a course of 10-14 days. After that, gently rinse the composition with warm water. Consider a few recipes:
- A rejuvenating mask is prepared on the basis of slurry from a handful of berries and a small amount of honey. Suitable for neck, face and décolleté. If the mass is too viscous, add a little water.
- Combine mashed berry and a small amount of sour cream. This mask will give the skin nourishment and velvety.
- A mixture of 4–5 berries, 10 g of live yeast and 5–7 drops of calendula oil will cleanse the pores, relieve acne, and soothe the skin.
- A mask based on 25 ml of freshly squeezed nectar, 10 g of kaolin and a pinch of cinnamon will help get rid of age spots and keratinized cells. Pre-steam the skin of the face, and after the procedure, apply a restoring cream.
- To increase tone, elasticity and microcirculation, you need 6 dried apples, a teaspoon of honey and 2 g of coconut oil. Vegetable raw materials are ground into powder using a coffee grinder, and then combined with other components.
- A wrinkle tightener is prepared on the basis of 20 g of soft cottage cheese, 30 ml of milk and a teaspoon of berry gruel. The cottage cheese should be rubbed through a sieve, the milk should be warm, it can be replaced with cream, then a nutritious composition will be obtained.
Attention! If during the procedures you feel discomfort, burning, rinse off the mask immediately. Honey-based formulations are used only in the absence of allergic reactions.
Rowan tea - properties, application
Making healthy tea is a real art. In fact, herbal tea is a water extract from the collection of herbs or fruits, i.e., infusion. You can take fresh or dried berries and leaves to make this healing drink.
Freshly harvested plant parts will be most beneficial. They can be used independently or flavored with other components. Brew tea with hot, but not boiling water. A glass of liquid takes a tablespoon of raw materials. After twenty minutes of infusion, you can drink a healing drink, flavored with a spoon of natural honey. With a cold, such a remedy will quickly put on its feet, strengthen immunity, make up for the deficiency of vitamins. It is highly recommended to drink a medicinal drink for diabetes, high blood pressure, rheumatism. Life-giving tea has the same beneficial properties as fresh fruits. It is enough to drink 1-2 cups of tea a day to regain vitality and protect yourself from colds.
Advice! Other medicinal plants - raspberries, rosehips, hawthorn, black currants, blueberries - will help diversify herbal tea. Be aware of contraindications and possible allergic reactions.
How to make a mountain ash decoction, methods of application
Decoctions of mountain ash berries are almost as good as freshly picked crops in terms of utility. A useful decoction will help to cope with vitamin deficiency, stimulate immune defense in case of flu and colds, and regulate metabolism. If herbal tea is drunk irregularly and is consumed more as a tasty drink, then the decoction is used for treatment, following the scheme and dosage, because the concentration of such water extraction is much higher.
Healing broth is used to treat the diseases described at the beginning of the article, recover from illness, replenish vitamins and minerals, strengthen immunity, and cure a protracted cough. It will destroy fungi and infections in the throat. To do this, it is better to use a rinse with a decoction 3-4 times a day. Consider several recipes for medicinal decoctions.
To strengthen memory
Herbal collection from lemon balm, fresh or dried rowan berries, chickpea and leaves of a three-leafed watch taken in equal parts will help restore brain activity. In a glass of boiling water, take a tablespoon of the collection, boil for 2 minutes. Infuse the broth for 2 hours, drink during the day in three sets.
With vitamin deficiency, diabetes
A life-giving decoction based on rose hips and red berries will quickly restore the body’s natural shield, normalize blood glucose levels, and relieve inflammation. Take 30 g of wild rose and small apples, pour 700 ml of cold water. Boil the mixture for 10 minutes and leave overnight. Divide into 3-4 receptions, drink instead of tea.
This tool will help to cope with any disease that the red fruit treats. It is based on deciduous mass and the fruits of the plant. The raw mixture in the amount of 30 g is poured into 300 ml of water, boiled for 7 minutes. They insist 2-2.5 hours, and then use 15 ml three times a day.
Remember! The shelf life of ready-made broths does not exceed two days; they only store the drink in the refrigerator.
Harm and contraindications
Although the benefit of the product is very high, you should remember about the contraindications:
- ischemia, previous myocardial infarction or stroke,
- tendency to thrombosis, increased blood coagulation, varicose veins,
- low blood pressure
- increased secretory function of the stomach, hyperacid gastritis, peptic ulcer,
- alcohol tinctures are prohibited for use by people with kidney, liver, pregnant and lactating women, children,
- It is better for babies up to one year old not to give foods containing mountain ash, because they can provoke an allergic reaction,
- do not use traditional medicine recipes during pregnancy.
If you have an allergy to plants from the pink family, it is better to refrain from self-medication, because the risk of allergic reactions from a rash to serious edema increases several times.
How to prepare and store medicinal raw materials of mountain ash
Incredible healing power is laid by nature in ripe rowan apples. To save them until the next harvest, it is best to use freezing. To do this, sort and rinse the harvest, then put it on a baking sheet and place in the freezer compartment. When the product hardens, carefully pour it into airtight packaging - containers, tight bags with a clasp. Useful qualities will be fully preserved for 12 months. If necessary, take a small portion of the crop from the storage and use it for the preparation of infusions, healing tea.
Important! If there is no tree in your garden, collect raw materials only in the forest, located away from the highway and industrial facilities.
The second no less common variant of the workpiece is drying. Preliminary preparation consists in sorting, washing berries. You can dry the raw materials in an oven or an electric dryer. The optimum temperature is 60⁰C. Ted berries periodically to dry evenly. After complete drying, conduct an audit, remove the blackened copies. Store the dried product in a closed glass container at room temperature. Shelf life up to two years. During heat treatment, part of the nutrients will decompose, therefore, freezing is preferable.
Mountain ash red - planting and care
Growing a stately mountain ash on the plot is quite simple. The tree tolerates partial shade, develops well on almost any soil. It is preferable to plant the culture on fertile light loams, which absorb moisture well and allow air to penetrate to the roots.
Since the dimensions of the plant are quite large, it is better to select a site in front of the house or around the perimeter of the garden so that it does not interfere with the normal lighting of other garden residents. The culture easily tolerates a close occurrence of groundwater, but it is better if the level does not exceed 1.5 m.
Remember! Next to the apple tree, the forest beauty has no place. Both cultures belong to the pink family, therefore, pests and diseases are common. Especially the apple tree is annoyed by the mountain ash moth, whose caterpillars gnaw passages in the apples.
The culture is not very self-fertile, therefore, several individuals should be planted at once, this will increase productivity. Planting is carried out in early spring, since the awakening of the kidneys in the plant is rapid. In a warm climate and in the middle zone of Russia autumn landing is permissible. Landing dates - until the end of April or until the end of September. Varietal seedlings can be purchased at the nursery. Give preference to specimens with a healthy bark, viable buds, flexible shoots and springy roots. The optimal age of the seedling is 2 years.
- Landing pit is prepared in advance.For spring planting, you will have to work hard in the fall, and for autumn planting, the preparatory measure is carried out in 4-6 weeks.
- The depth and diameter of the hole is 60–80 cm, the pitch between the specimens is at least five meters. The support is driven in at a distance of 10-15 cm from the center of the hole.
- The dug pit is seasoned with a mixture of fertile soil, compost, rotted manure. A handful of wood ash and the same amount of superphosphate are introduced into the soil mixture.
- Set the seedling in the hole filled by a third, spread the roots, add the remaining substrate.
- Compact the soil, water the seedlings abundantly, mulch the trunk space.
Attention! Make sure that the root neck is 5-7 cm above the level of the hole.
Care includes watering, maintaining cleanliness in the near-stem circle, fertilizing, pruning, and the prevention of diseases and pests.
Throughout the season, remove weeds from the trunk circle. You need to water the tree 4-5 times during the growing season, spending at least 20 liters of water for each instance. Pruning is carried out in early spring, has the functions of reorganization and formation. All diseased, weak, damaged shoots, as well as extra branches growing inside the crown must be removed. If the fruits concentrate on the growth of last year, the branches only shorten a little. With the help of a haircut, you can give the crown a certain shape and height, restrain the lush growth.
Fertilizers are applied from the second year of vegetation three times per season. They feed with nitrogen in spring, potassium is important in early summer, and after fruiting they give phosphorus top dressing so that the wood ripens in winter. In autumn, the near-barrel space is dug up with ash, the trunks are whitened. Young trees are wrapped up for the winter - the shtamb is wrapped in burlap, a fine-meshed net from rodents is installed. The trunk circle is highly mulched with humus.
The culture propagates by seeds and inoculation of sleeping buds, cuttings. Resistance to diseases is high, but pests must be treated with insecticides or folk remedies. To protect the tree from fungi, in the spring three times spray it with Bordeaux mixture. Damage to the crop can cause birds. Installing a scarecrow will help, but soon the feathered brotherhood will cease to pay attention to it. If you grow varietal varieties for the sake of harvest, use a special net to protect against birds. But you can do as our ancestors - leave part of the crop feathered.
Remember! After the appearance of ovaries, it is advisable not to use chemical means of exterminating pests.