Long or short, curly or straight, every woman's dream is smooth, silky and healthy curls.
If you have dry tips that have lost shine, oily hair at the roots, you may have tried to eliminate the cause of dryness with expensive shampoos, serums, oils, excessive shampooing, and more expensive cosmetic procedures that disrupted the sebaceous glands.
Trichologists are sure that the cause of dry tips and oily roots is not the product itself, which is used for washing / conditioning, but how your hair reacts to chemicals contained in certain products.
If you are looking for the best natural care recipes, this article is for you!
The safest hair products can be found in the most ordinary kitchen. They not only soothe the tips and scalp irritated by endless chemical masks, curls and irons, but also restore their natural shine and beauty to them.
How to choose the right tool?
Very simple! The choice of mask for dry hair ends and oily roots depends on your personal preferences or allergies to any component in the mask.
The key components of dry tip masks are all kinds of oils, eggs, citrus fruits (orange or lemon), dairy products, some types of tea. If you are not allergic to any of the components of the mask, you can safely use it.
Otherwise, consult your trichologist.
Honey and egg
You will need:
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fatty yogurt without additives (3.2%),
We prepare a hair mask for oily roots and dry tips:
- Beat two eggs in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add 1 tbsp. honey and 2 tbsp yogurt. Ultimately, you should get a thick creamy paste.
- Spread the mask over the entire head, including the roots and tips. Leave on for 20 minutes.
- Rinse your head with warm water.
Avocado balances the normal moisture content in curls and retains this moisture in the follicles, removing excess fat. Banana improves elasticity, makes hair soft, silky at the ends.
For this hair mask, if dry ends and oily roots, you will need:
- Take one ripe banana and 2 ripe avocados.
- Peel both fruits, remove the seeds from the avocado, whisk both fruits in a blender.
- Apply the paste to your hair and rinse after 30 minutes.
One of the oldest and most traditional recipes is a mask for dry ends of hair and oily at the roots with the addition of essential oils.
Cooking the mixture:
- Combine the same amount of dry hair, the nuances of applying overnight> coconut and almond oil (3 tablespoons each).
- Add half a teaspoon of castor oil.
- Add a few drops of lavender oil or rosemary oil.
- Heat the essence in a water bath, rub into the roots and ends.
- Be sure to wash your hair with baby / mild shampoo.
Hot massage oils make up for moisture deficiency, restore blood circulation to the scalp. A mask of oils will help to fight not only with dry ends and oily roots, but also with hair loss.
The correct scheme of action
It is recommended to rub hair masks with movements without pressure into the hair roots and scalp for about 5-7 minutes. The next step is the distribution of the composition completely along the length. The head needs to be wrapped with polyethylene, and wrapping with a towel or scarf will help to increase the thermal effect.
A hair mask, when greasy roots, dry ends at the same time, is smeared exclusively on the scalp.The nutrition of the tips is best provided by the use of vegetable or cosmetic oils, previously brought to a warm state in a water bath.
It is recommended to remove non-absorbed residues of the composition with water at room temperature. Hot can negatively affect the work of the sebaceous glands.
Hair treatment should be course: 30 days twice a week. Then it is worth stopping on supporting procedures - once or twice in two weeks. Such unsophisticated events in the near future will show the proper effect: the hair will gain a noticeably better look, will surprise with its quality.
Clay in the fight against oily hair
Cosmetic clay is an impeccable component of masks when oily hair and dry ends. It is important to observe one simple rule when working with compositions based on it: the tanks and devices used for breeding must be non-metallic. Below are 2 straightforward but effective recipes:
- clay (2-4 tbsp. l.) + water (warm) are combined to obtain a creamy consistency. Clay can be represented by several species at the same time, which are combined 1: 1. Water can be replaced with herbal infusion, kefir, yogurt. The mass is applied to the hair lasting 1 / 3-? hours. To enhance the action, the mask is enriched with honey (1 tsp) and yolk, whipped in advance,
- garlic (2 cloves) + fresh lemon juice (1 tbsp.) + blue clay (2 tbsp.) + water (warm). After mixing the ingredients, the mass should take on a creamy consistency, which must be left on the hair for 1 / 3-2 / 3 hours.
The effectiveness of essential oils
Thanks to essential oils, it will be possible to achieve incredible results in the fight against oily hair. It is proposed both to use a few drops in the process of washing the head, and to saturate the composition of the mask.
Oils on the indicated hair type are very effective: cedar, bergamot, juniper, mint, orange, ylang-ylang, sage, chamomile, cypress, burdock, geranium, eucalyptus, rosemary, thyme, calendula, lavender, rose and basil.
The following composition will help rid oily hair from impurities, make them voluminous and radiant: kefir (0.5 tbsp.) + Orange oil (2 drops) + bergamot oil (4 drops) + chamomile oil (4 drops). Kefir should not be too fat. The mixture is left on the head for up to an hour.
For this hair mask, the roots are oily, and on the tips of the hair dry You will need:
- 8 strawberries,
- mayonnaise (olive, 67%).
Strawberry paste not only condition, but also Adds a glossy effect to curls. Make a slurry of strawberries, mix with 1 tbsp. mayonnaise and massage the mixture into wet hair.
Put a plastic shower cap on your head and wrap it with a warm, warm towel. After 20-25 minutes, rinse the mixture with baby shampoo and conditioner.
Lemon juice works wonders! Mix the juice of 2 lemons with water. Gently rub the essence into the scalp and the ends of the hair. Leave for half an hour, rinse with cool water.
Attention: Wash off the lemon mask without using shampoo.
This mask for oily hair and dry tips is contraindicated for people with allergies to citrus fruits!
A course of treatment
The frequency of procedures depends on the result you want to get. Any of the above masks can be used 2-3 times a week, the maximum effect is achieved after a month of regular use.
Is your hair oily at the roots and dry at the ends? Read on our website how to care for them, how to restore their natural balance, as well as how to choose a shampoo?
The most popular in this category are:
- dry hair mask “Kerastase” - intensively nourishes dry ends, gives curls shine, elasticity, smoothness,
- Pantene mask for dry and brittle hair - has a creamy texture, intensely moisturizes, retains color and luster,
- moisturizing hair oil “TheBodyShop” Rainforest - Gives hair softness, facilitates combing, dries out the roots,
- mask “L’orealIntenseRepairSystemExpertProfessionnel” - makes damaged and dry hair soft and shiny, after such a mask they lend themselves perfectly to styling.
Mask based on chamomile flowers
The following recipe will help restore and nourish the scalp, as well as make the hair stronger and a little lighter: chamomile flowers (10 tbsp.) Grinded in a coffee grinder + boiling water (50 ml) + protein (1 pc.).
After brewing the first two components, the mixture must be insisted for a couple of hours, then - mix the protein whipped to the state of foam in it. Cover the clean dry hair with the finished composition and wait until it dries. Rinse off the mask in the usual way.
Following the tips below will help you get rid of not only dry tips and greasy roots, but also from excessive brittleness, loss of shine and hair loss.
- Dry means brittle.
When washing the head, use only fingertips; do not scratch the scalp with nails. Rinse your head with cool or warm water - hot water causes additional damage to damaged curls.
Do not wrap your head in a towel after you have finished washing - it is better to gently squeeze out excess moisture with your hands.
Wash your hair less often.
You heard right! Hair becomes dry when the natural oils produced by the scalp are constantly washed.
Rinsing dry hair every day will make it dry and brittle.
Wash your hair with shampoo 2-3 times a week. If the roots seem too greasy, use a dry shampoo (e.g. Dove or Batiste).
In addition to all of the above recipes, pharmacy masks and conditioners, do not forget - what you eat and drink plays an important role in hair health.
Avoid smoking. Even cigarette smoke can damage your hair. A healthy lifestyle is the key to the good condition of your curls!
If the hair is not only oily, but also brittle, prone to loss, you should turn to the use of such a recipe: honey (2 tbsp.) Melted in a water bath + fresh aloe juice (1 tbsp.) + Lemon juice (1 h. l.) + squeezed garlic (1 large clove). Leave the composition exclusively on the scalp for 2 hours.
The tool will help stimulate blood flow to the scalp, make hair roots stronger, and secretion of the sebaceous glands - less active: a handful of crushed aloe leaves (kept in the refrigerator for 10 days) + vodka (100 g).
The solution is infused for a week in a place protected from light. Tincture for daily rubbing into the scalp and enriching the composition of masks.
The presence of oily hair does not eliminate the need for moisture. The following composition is able to do this in parallel with purification: ground oatmeal (2 tbsp.) + Boiling water (1 tbsp.). Wait for the slurry to swell and inject glycerin (1 tbsp.) + Honey (1 tsp.). After prolonged stirring lasting several minutes, cover the scalp and hair with length. After 1/3 hour rinse.
Decoctions of herbs to enrich masks
Any mask for oily hair roots and dry hair ends perfectly interacts with decoctions of herbs aimed at stabilizing the sebaceous glands, strengthening and giving shine to the hair.
Oily hair responds perfectly to the following decoctions: St. John's wort, nettle, sage, plantain, birch leaves and mint. As ingredients you will need: the selected herb or a mixture of different 1: 1 (2 tbsp. L.) + Boiling water (2 l), which must be infused for at least an hour.
The resulting broth is used as a rinse aid at the end of washing, a lotion for rubbing into the scalp, a mask component (for example, clay).
To restore health to the hair structure, give them visual appeal and normal functioning of the sebaceous glands under the power of ordinary tomatoes. A similar effect is achieved due to the rich content of beneficial acids. All that is required is to take a couple of large tomatoes, peel them off, grind to a liquid consistency. The resulting tomato paste must cover the entire length of dry hair before washing. Shampoo can be used after 1 hour.
The constituent components here are: boiling water (100 ml) + crusts of rye bread (200 g), which after combining for at least 60 minutes. aged under a well-closed lid.
After cooling the water, the crusts are rubbed to a porridge-like consistency, which lubricates the hair without leaving the scalp unused. After 2/3 hours, you can resort to washing off the composition, without resorting to shampoo.
Potato kefir mask
The ingredients used are: peeled medium-sized potatoes (2 pcs.) + Kefir (1 tbsp.). It will be possible to combine them only after preliminary squeezing the juice from the potatoes. Instead, by the way, it is allowed to take a cucumber or pumpkin. The hair is covered with a mass completely in length not less than 2 hours. Such homemade masks are highly effective in combating excessive oily hair.
Combination Hair Type
The combined type of curls is an acquired condition. The causes of this problem are often:
- hormonal disorders and metabolic slowdown,
- skin reaction to components of improperly selected shampoos,
- vitamin deficiency
- misuse of styling devices,
- hypothermia of curls.
Often, with improperly selected care, the curls begin to quickly become dirty and look untidy, at the same time, the tips are overdried and split. To solve the problem of a mixed type of curls, a mask for oily hair at the roots and dry at the tips will help. If you use only funds for oily hair, the tips will be even more dry.
How to care for a combined type of curls
The basis for the care of a combined type of hair is:
- oil solutions of vitamins,
- fish oil capsules,
- natural vegetable oils
- kaolin (white clay),
- low-fat kefir (we recommend to find out what is useful kefir hair mask).
Probably not worth mentioning, but we still say - all products should be fresh.
A home hair mask for oily roots and dry ends has two main goals at once - dry the skin and normalize the secretion, as well as moisturize the tips and provide them with nutrients. One mask will not be able to cope immediately with two different problems, so you need to use two means at the same time - to improve the condition of the roots and to power the tips. Two preparations should be prepared and applied to different parts of the curls.
Eliminate oily hair at the roots
Kaolin is a real storehouse of trace elements, so necessary for healthy hair. Conventional cosmetic clay improves the condition of the scalp, regulates the activity of the sebaceous glands, and has a drying effect.
Such a mask practically does not require preparation - just pour two large spoons of any clay with hot water and apply only to the roots. It is necessary to withstand the agent for 20-30 minutes.
A mixture of kaolin and freshly squeezed lemon juice will help reduce the oily hair at the roots.For cooking, you need any clay (it is better to give preference to white or blue), hot water and a tablespoon of lemon juice.
The amount of clay is selected depending on the thickness of the hair, usually two large spoons are enough. After mixing all the components, the product is applied only to the roots for half an hour.
Another simple but effective remedy for fatty roots is ordinary kefir. Nuance: you should choose the most acidic kefir, a product with zero fat content is also suitable.
Kefir is applied to the roots as an independent tool, and aged on the hair for 1 hour. You can also warm up kefir and use it instead of water in clay-based masks.
An excellent remedy for problem scalp is aloe. For care, apply the leaves of this plant or a special concentrate of aloe juice, which can be purchased at the pharmacy.
Leaves should be finely chopped and pour boiling water. After cooling, this infusion is used as a tonic, applying to the roots before bedtime. When using the plant extract, it is mixed with mineral water without gas in equal proportions and also applied to the skin before bedtime. Do not wash off the tonic.
The prepared hair mask for oily hair at the roots and dry at the tips at home should be used regularly, so when applying a tool to reduce fat content, you should carefully take care of the ends of the hair. To do this, it is recommended to use the tools described below.
Dry tip mask recipes
Fish oil capsules will provide complete nutrition to dry and split ends. Before applying a drying mask to the roots, open a few capsules of fish oil and carefully lubricate the tips. This will protect them from accidental dripping.
Regular sea buckthorn oil will help protect the tips from overdrying. It should be applied for at least half an hour.
A mixture of olives, burdock and coconut oils will supply the dry ends with nutrients and protect against further damage. The oil is applied preheated for at least one hour.
Another effective and simple hair mask for oily at the roots and dry at the ends, which can be applied along the entire length of the hair, including the roots, is a mixture of two large tablespoons of grape seed oil with the addition of a spoonful of aloe infusion. This oil has a light structure and does not oily hair, so it can be applied to the roots.
An important rule of treatment for mixed hair types is the complete rejection of electrical styling devices. Be sure to apply a protective agent with SPF before going outside on hot sunny days. You should also purchase special shampoos or use two at once, for different parts of the hair.
The effectiveness of homemade masks with excessive oily hair
When dry ends, but oily roots, disturb the general condition of the hair, they become dull and aesthetically unattractive, lose volume. Professional masks can be purchased, but in addition to such products, it is necessary to regularly apply products made from natural ingredients. Their benefits are extensive, not only the main problem is solved, but additional care is provided - moisturizing and nutrition. As a result, the hair strengthens, becomes obedient, soft and shiny, a volume appears.
To get a certain effect, natural ingredients are combined with pharmacy products (vitamins in the form of solutions, mummy, polysorb, aspirin, dimexide). It is advisable to address the problem comprehensively. In this case, not only the process of developing the desired effect is accelerated, but it is also possible to consolidate the results.
When the hair is greasy at the roots, but free from greasy shine in the lower part (dry at the ends), self-prepared masks must meet two criteria - removal of sebum and a decrease in the secretion of the glands that produce it. It is with the implementation of such tasks that the effectiveness of masks for very oily hair is associated.Washing your head every day does not help get rid of the problem, but only exacerbates it. Be sure to use special means, without this procedure, complete care for oily hair is impossible.
Variants of masks, especially their preparation and application
Homemade masks against oily hair are applied regularly - up to two times a week, to maintain the effect - several times in 2 weeks. Use a course of 30 days. Adhere to the following rules:
- For dry hair, which is oily only at the roots, the composition is partially applied. They treat only the problem area, apply heated oil to the lower part of the hair.
- For the mask to work, it is carefully rubbed into the skin for 5 minutes.
- After the massage, the hair is wrapped in polyethylene and wrapped in a thick towel around the head.
- To remove the remnants of the product, warm water is used, in no case hot.
Clay copes with the removal of excess sebum, it absorbs all the dirt from the hair and cleanses the pores. If the roots are oily, but the ends are dry, use vegetable oil (moisturize only the lower part of the hair).
- clay (blue or green) - 2 tbsp .；
- mineral non-carbonated water for clay breeding.
The ingredients are combined and mixed well. The consistency of the finished mixture should resemble liquid sour cream. The tool treats hair and skin. Hair is washed after 30 minutes.
Natural mask with mustard is actively used for hair growth and for density. This is a great option for problem hair. Clay is added to other ingredients to remove grease.
- mustard (the product is taken in powder form) - 2 tbsp .л
- clay - 3 tablespoons (green or black) ；
- warm water - 4 tbsp .；
- natural citrus juice (lemon) - 1 tsp.；
- liquid honey - 1 tsp
Mustard mask is prepared very easily. Dry ingredients are diluted in liquids, all of the listed components are combined with this mixture and the agent is evenly distributed. They process both skin and hair. The mask is valid for 40 minutes. After the specified time, it is washed off using a special shampoo.
The tool removes sebum and has a therapeutic effect on the sebaceous glands. This action is achieved due to the presence of etheric constituents.
- kefir - 0.5 tbsp.；
- essential oils (rosemary and bergamot + orange, grapefruit or lemon) - 3 drops of each oil.
The mixture is distributed over the skin and left for half an hour to make the mask work. This hair mask is recommended to be used no more than 4 times. 2-4 applications of a kefir mask are enough. Next, you should choose another remedy from kefir. With this approach, it will be possible to quickly get rid of grease.
The combination of oils and citrus juice can not only normalize the process of sebum secretion, but also provides saturation with nutrients. This composition is recommended for oily, thin, sparse hair.
- vegetable oil (peach, almonds, olive fruits, burdock) - 1 tbsp .；
- citrus juice (grapefruit, orange or lemon) - 1 tbsp.
Mix the oil, add the juice. The finished mixture is distributed over the hair and scalp. The mask is valid for 40 minutes, remove it with shampoo.
This tool is used not only to affect the sebaceous ducts, but also to strengthen oily hair. It is also the best mask for volume.
- gelatin - 2 tbsp .；
- water - 0.5 tbsp.；
- brown bread (crumb) - 1 piece ；
- squeezed juice from lemon - 1 tsp
Gelatin with water is placed on the stove using the water bath method. The liquid is cooled and other products added. As a result of thorough mixing, a moderately thick mixture should be obtained, which will be conveniently used for thin oily hair. The necessary effect develops in 40-60 minutes.
This is another tool to strengthen the weakened hair at the roots.A mask with honey is used to prevent hair loss before the procedure.
- liquid honey - 2 tbsp .；
- juice from aloe leaves - 1 tbsp .；
- garlic - 1 clove ；
- citrus juice (lemon) - 1 tsp
Honey is mixed with juice, garlic is squeezed into the resulting mixture. The contents of the container are mixed to evenly distribute all the ingredients. The product is left on the scalp for half an hour. In order not to dry the hair, they are lubricated with oil.
An egg with alcohol-containing components effectively eliminates oily hair. An egg mask is used to treat hair after washing the hair, apply it only to the skin.
- eggs - 2 pcs. ；
- alcohol (vodka is also suitable), water - 1 tsp each.
Beat eggs in white foam, add liquids - alcohol and water. This product is kneaded immediately before application. It takes 30 minutes to develop the desired effect.
Humidity and fat content are different concepts, oily hair is not necessarily sufficiently moisturized. With increased activity of the sebaceous ducts, the hair is often dehydrated and split, therefore, it is necessary not only to get rid of excess fat, but also to maintain an optimal level of moisture. The mask is suitable for oily split ends, the main component in the composition is oatmeal. An additional feature is cleansing. This tool is suitable for colored oily hair.
- oatmeal (can be replaced with oatmeal) - 2 tbsp .；
- liquid (purified drinking water) - 0.5 tbsp.；
- glycerin - 1 tbsp .；
- honey - 1 tsp
Oatmeal is combined with boiling water and left to brew under the lid for 15 minutes. Honey and glycerin are added to porridge. The mixture is mixed, applied on hair and skin. For the moisturizing mask to work, it is applied for 40 minutes.
Burdock oil can be used with increased production of sebum, the main thing is to correctly combine the ingredients of the product.
- burdock oil - 2 tbsp .；
- powder of red pepper - 1 tsp .；
- chicken protein - 1 pc.
Burdock mask is prepared by implementing the method of a water bath. The oil is warmed to be warm. Missing components are sent to the tank. The contents of the container are mixed until all components are evenly distributed, the skin and hair are treated, after 60 minutes. washed off with shampoo.
Restoring masks from cucumbers have a complex effect - this is not only restoration, but also nutrition, hydration. Cucumber mask suppresses the excessive activity of the glands responsible for the production of sebum. Such a mask against oily hair allows you to fill in the damaged structure with useful substances and returns a healthy glow.
- cucumber - 3 tablespoons chopped pulp ；
- water - 2 tbsp .；
- honey - 1 tbsp
After even distribution, the ingredients are applied as a mixture to the hair. Apply a plastic film and a towel. The mixture is kept for 40 minutes, this time is enough for the necessary action to develop.
Thanks to the action of the nourishing mask, it is pleasant to touch the hair, it looks healthier. After applying the beneficial composition, they are easy to comb and become more obedient.
The mask with an egg and lemon saturates the skin with useful substances and has a restorative effect, ensuring a healthy skin. A mask against dandruff is recommended to be used often - every other day.
- yolks - 2 pcs. ；
- juice of half a lemon ；
- castor oil - 1 tsp
The yolks are separated from the proteins, slightly beat and lemon juice and oil are added. The mixture is kept on the hair for 60 minutes. Masks from dandruff help to effectively restore healthy skin condition and reduce the level of oily hair.
Firming mask helps to reduce oily hair, prevents their overdrying and brittleness.
- aloe (juice), ricin oil - 1 tsp each .；
- honey - 1 tbsp
With massage movements, a complex of beneficial substances is applied to the skin. The head is insulated, the product is removed after 15 minutes.
This oil can be diluted with fermented milk products and lemon juice in equal proportions. Coconut oil is applied 1 cm back from the roots. With this use, increased oily hair is eliminated.
You can combine the use of store and home products. For example, a DNC mask contains substances that can remove sebum. In addition to DNC, owners of oily hair speak well of Yves Roche brand products. To solve the main problem and additional hydration, you can use Seondo balm mask.
How to wash off a greasy mask
When washing off masks that contain oils, the hair is washed differently, not as in the washing procedure. Shampoo is applied more directly to the hair and is not diluted in water. After foaming, it is left on the hair for several minutes, then it is well washed with a sufficient amount of running water. If the oil is very oily, the procedure can be repeated.
Answering the question of how to wash off a greasy mask from hair, it is worth considering other ways. For example, you can use the pulp obtained by mixing rye bread (take only the crumb) and warm water. Such a tool is applied for 30 minutes, the use of shampoo is not required.
Also, quickly rinse off the oil after applying the mask will help the following tips:
- In the base oils, it is recommended to add inviscid essential components. Suitable grape oil, rosemary, orange, lemon, peppermint.
- Warm oil is easier to wash off, so it is advisable to apply it warm and wrap the hair with plastic wrap.
Decoctions of herbs also facilitate the process of removing oils. For example, you can prepare a decoction of nettles and chamomiles (3 tbsp of raw materials are required per 1 liter of boiling water) or use one of these herbs. The broth is prepared with minimal heating or in a water bath. Heating is carried out for at least 10 minutes. After washing the hair with shampoo, the hair is rinsed with a strained and chilled product.
Feedback from visitors to our site
Maria, 25 years old
I was disappointed in the store, hair had to be washed daily. I thought I could never bring them back to normal. The clay mask helped. I chose it, as it is easy to prepare. Now I use it only for prevention. I want to try other masks from this site with additional actions.
Oksana, 37 years old
Loved the kefir masks. Thanks to essential oils, hair smells good and kefir is always at home. The effect is amazing, and heals, and radically changes the appearance of the hairstyle. I use 2 months, apply in accordance with the recommendations on this site.
Olga, 19 years old
I couldn’t grow my hair. Not only are greasy, they also grow poorly. I chose a mustard mask to solve all my problems at once. I did not expect, but the mask helps. The changes so far, although small, but they are.
Effective homemade masks help improve hair condition and reduce the number of washing procedures. The main thing is to find a suitable remedy for yourself. Also, do not forget that the problem may be internal rather than external. In such cases, an integrated approach is needed.
Causes of excessive oily hair
The appearance of oily shine on the hair indicates health problems. Before proceeding to the treatment procedures with masks, it is worthwhile to understand the reasons for the increased work of the sebaceous glands.
Common causes of excessive oily hair:
- Hormonal disbalance. This is especially true for women during critical days, menopause, pregnancy or after childbirth,
- Frequent exposure to stressful situations. The body can respond to stress with increased activity of the sebaceous glands,
- Improper nutrition. Greasy, overly spicy or salty foods can increase oily hair. Also, sweets and carbonated drinks are a catalyst for the release of sebum,
- Digestive, endocrine, or nervous system diseases.In this case, the masks can be powerless until the underlying disease is cured,
- Inadequate hair care. Incorrectly selected shampoo, excessive use of a hair dryer, tricks and irons lead to the appearance of a greasy shine on the scalp,
- The use of certain drugs. Antibiotics, psychotropic drugs or contraceptives affect the functioning of the sebaceous glands. After taking medication, the body will return to normal.
Masks for oily hair will only help in certain circumstances. Otherwise, you will need to eliminate the root cause.
Features of the use of masks for oily hair
Beauticians suggest combating head oiliness with the help of cosmetics prepared at home. To obtain the desired result, you should familiarize yourself with the features of the use of masks.
To obtain the desired result, you should use certain components. Drying effect mustard powder, eggs, clay, dairy products, lemon juice, alcoholic beverages, henna, bread, beer, etc. possess oils. Oils should be used with caution, since they can increase the oily sheen of the scalp. With oily hair only at the roots, only dry ends are wetted with oil.
Frequency of procedures - at least once a week. In some cases, an increase in the number of procedures up to 2 times in 7 days is allowed. The course of treatment is up to 2 months. When a visible result appears, you should not stop there. You can take a short break and repeat the course of procedures.
Rinse off the mask prepared for the treatment of oily hair is necessary. This is especially true for products that include oils. For washing you can use ordinary warm water and shampoo.
However, to enhance the effect, after cosmetic procedures, it is recommended to rinse the curls with herbal decoctions. Herbs such as chamomile, nettle, sage, etc. are perfect.
Masks for oily hair are prepared according to the recipe, in strict compliance with the dosages. When implementing the procedure, it is worth paying attention to various nuances. Otherwise, the desired result will be difficult to achieve.
Effective recipes for masks for oily hair
Each representative of the fair sex is concerned about the effectiveness of her chosen curl care product. To achieve a positive result will help the right approach to the problem.
Tips for improving the effectiveness of masks for oily hair:
- It is recommended to prepare the cosmetic product in a ceramic or glass dish. This will avoid the process of oxidation and release of harmful toxins,
- Before using the mask to eliminate oily shine of the hair, an allergic reaction test should be performed. If irritation, itching or redness appears, you should refuse to use these components,
- Making a mask for oily hair is strongly discouraged if there are microtraumas on the head. This is especially true for cosmetics, which include burning components. Otherwise, a burning sensation will be guaranteed,
- The treatment mixture with increased oily scalp should be applied first to the hair roots, and then to the hair itself. Dry tips are treated with any vegetable oil,
- On the head, after applying the mask, it is advisable to wear a shower cap and a towel. This will allow active substances to penetrate deeper into the structure of curls and roots.
From the use of masks for oily hair, the curls will become thick, healthy and beautiful. In addition to normalizing the functioning of the sebaceous glands, therapeutic agents solve the problem of dandruff, prolapse and brittle tips.
Causes of Oily Hair
There are a lot of them, and each person has his own, if not several at the same time. Like most external aesthetic problems, the root of evil of untidy greasy hair is a symptom of some kind of internal disturbance. For the most part, these are:
- Problems with the work of internal organs and various body systems. For problems with the intestines, liver, excess weight and poor thyroid, not the best type of hair on the head is just one of the symptoms.
- Disruption of the hormonal background. This is true for adolescents, women with endometriosis, and even before menstruation. Excessive production of male hormones often leads to this problem.
- And, of course, malnutrition. As they say, you are what you eat. Indeed, there is nothing good in abuse of fried, smoked, fatty and all the like. Nothing good for the body and appearance. Violation of the liver and poor outflow of bile is something that obviously will not add beauty to your hair.
But it also happens that the cause of untidy hair is that the girl herself does not properly care for them. There may not be health problems, but poor external care for them can also lead to the fact that the hair will not be at its best.
- Frequent and improper use of the hair dryer. A stream of hot dry air evaporates all the moisture from the hair, and the body naturally tries to then compensate for it with increased fat production.
- The use of oily balms and other remedies. If your goal is to “feed” dry, split ends, then do not touch the roots: apply them from the middle of the total length, do not rise higher.
- Constant stress and general depression. This provokes increased secretion of cortisol, which in general affects the body not in the best way, and for the skin on the head is fraught with an unkempt, greasy and unkempt appearance.
Tips for using homemade masks
They are an effective tool to combat unpleasant aesthetic problems of hair. They can be applied in the presence of internal problems, and without them. But in order for them to operate to the maximum, it is important to follow the recommendations.
- In order not to cauterize the scalp, make sure that it is free from damage, inflammation and irritation.
- In order not to dry the hair ends with aggressive agents, use the mask only for the epidermis, without touching the main length and ends.
- Prepare mixtures in non-oxidizable dishes. Avoid using metal dishes - otherwise the composition may oxidize and cause more harm than good.
- Do not overexpose the product - otherwise dry or completely burn the entire epidermis.
- Rinse with warm water. You can catch a cold from the icy, and from the hot, the secretion of fat will become even more plentiful.
- Do not use masks too often. Every day - in any case, bust.
Mask with kefir and egg
Normalize the sebaceous glands with kefir and eggs. Kefir also fights against split ends and protects against negative external factors.
A dairy product should be selected with a low fat content.
Homemade cosmetics recipes:
- Mix 2 egg yolks and 2-3 tbsp. l kefir. The egg-kefir mixture is evenly rubbed into the scalp and distributed over the strands. For ease of application, you can use a brush and a comb with rare teeth. The head is insulated with a shower cap and a towel for 40 minutes. With the help of warm water, everything is washed away,
- In the egg yolk is added 1 tbsp. l cognac and 3 tbsp. l kefir. The scalp is treated with the mixture and left for 40 minutes. For convenience, a shower cap is put on and the head is wrapped in a towel. The product is washed with ordinary warm water with the addition of shampoo,
- A firming mask for oily hair is prepared from several components at once. Pour 2 tbsp. l dry flowers of chamomile and nettle (calendula) 200 ml. boiling water and let it brew for an hour. Strained infusion is mixed with 3 tbsp. l kefir and yolk. The mixture is applied to the scalp and curls for 60 minutes. After the set time, the product is washed off with warm water.
Kefir promotes leaching of hair dye. Therefore, owners of colored curls should abandon the use of a kefir mask to eliminate greasy shine with a strand.The cosmetic product is more suitable for fair-haired women.
Mask for oily hair at the roots
It helps well from strong fat content and has a beneficial effect on the density of the hair a mixture of bread and salt.
- a slice of black rye bread,
- salt - 1 tbsp. l
Pour the pulp of bread with boiling water, stir in the pulp, add salt. After cooling, apply to the roots, put on a plastic bag, and then rinse off after a quarter of an hour.
Mask for oily hair and dry tips
As we have already said, saturation of hair with sebum occurs unevenly, therefore, different care is required for these areas. But this mask is good for the entire length of the hair.
- 1/3 cup sour milk,
- Egg yolk,
- Vitamin B2 capsule.
Combine all ingredients with a whisk and apply to dry but unwashed hair. Wrap your head in a plastic bag and a towel on top and leave for three quarters of an hour. After wash, as usual.
Mask for thin and oily hair
When you have a double problem with your hair, it’s even more difficult. As you know, thin hair requires abundant nutrition, and oily - on the contrary, it is better for them to do without oil formulations. How to find a solution?
The best combination is honey and aloe. The mixture will be both nutritious and light - without overload for a greasy prone dermis.
Slice aloe vera into a slurry to make the juice go, and mix with a couple of spoons of honey. Apply the mixture over the entire length of the hair, cover your head, then wash it.
Mask for hair growth and density
Often the main problem of this type is the rapid loss of a neat appearance of the head. Fresh and voluminous hair looks only after washing and drying, but the very next day, fat makes the hair at the roots heavier, and you can only dream about volume.
A mixture of egg yolks can help. Beat two egg yolks and apply on skin and hair for a quarter of an hour. The addition of aloe or lemon juice will bring an additional effect, but not at the same time: these ingredients are famous for their effectiveness against greasy hair.
IMPORTANT: this mask has one small, but not very pleasant "side" effect. It is possible that after washing off the mixture and washing with shampoo, an unpleasant odor will remain. It is recommended to rinse your head with herbal infusion, which will eliminate such unpleasant consequences.
Masks from yeast for oily hair make curls soft, obedient and prevent their loss. The component contains vitamins (groups B, E, PP, H), amino acids and minerals. As a result, the hair follicles are strengthened, and the skin gets rid of irritation.
Recipes of the best yeast masks for oily hair:
- Pour 20 gr. yeast 20 ml. water and add whipped protein. The components are mixed until a homogeneous consistency. The mixture is applied to curls and rubbed into the scalp. When the product on the strands dries, the yeast composition is washed off with the help of water and sulfur soap. Shampoo is optional
- Dissolve 20 gr. yeast in 200 ml. Hypericum infusion. Let the mixture brew for 10 minutes. and beat with a whisk. Add 20 ml. cognac, lemon juice and 1 egg. The mask is applied exclusively to the scalp, and not to oily hair. In 20 minutes. the mixture is washed off with warm water,
- In 125 ml. warm water bred 1 tbsp. l sugar and 10 gr. pressed yeast. When all the components have dissolved, the mixture is covered with a towel and left to warm for 20 minutes. After the fermentation process is completed, the mask is applied to the roots of oily hair and scalp. We warm the head with polyethylene and a scarf. After an hour, wash off the composition with warm water and shampoo.
In the yeast mask for oily hair, you can add drying ingredients - onions, rosemary, cinnamon or ginger.
The course of procedures is once a week for 2 months. A mask of yeast for oily hair is recommended to wash off with infusions of medicinal herbs. This will enhance the effect of regularly performed cosmetic procedures.
From falling out
It is believed that one of the few advantages of this type is that the roots are always nourished, and there should be no problems with falling out. So it is, but it also happens that fat makes the hair heavier so much that they are much more prone to hair loss than dry hair.
An excellent remedy against such a problem can be an herbal infusion, for example, from nettle. Its undoubted advantage is that it can rinse hair after each wash, without fear of overdrying or burning the skin.
If we talk about the mask, then a mask will help well, for which you need:
- 2 handfuls of hop cones,
- ordinary onions - 2 heads,
- burdock root.
Pour boiling water over the hops for about 30 minutes. Do the same with finely chopped burdock root. Meanwhile, pass the onion through the meat grinder so that the juice goes plentifully, then mix all the ingredients and apply, as if rubbing the mixture into the skin with your fingers.
Wrap your head in a bag and towel, walk about an hour, then rinse.
IMPORTANT: Make sure that it does not get into your eyes - it will mercilessly pinch. And also, so that there is no problem in the form of the appearance of an extraneous and hardly pleasant smell, rinse your head with juice squeezed from lemon, or infusion from herbs.
Dandruff mask for oily hair
By itself, dandruff, or seborrhea, is a phenomenon associated with diseases of the scalp. The reasons for its appearance can also be like improperly selected care products, or a fungus - in any case, consulting a doctor who can identify the cause and prescribe a course of treatment will not hurt.
More radical remedies such as sulfur and salicylic acid help. When mixed with yolks, you will get a very effective mask that will need to be applied twice a week stably for several months.
When dandruff, avoid the use of components such as onions and hot peppers - they only irritate affected skin more.
To strengthen oily hair
This type is not always distinguished by health and lack of fragility, despite the powerful and regular “nourishment”. It is also subject to fragility, and the cross section of the ends, and the lack of already healthy, and not greasy, shine.
Rinsing, oddly enough, with beer will help to cope with this. It is important that it is fresh - there will be more effect. This will help to give excellent volume and shine, styling and combing will become much easier. After rinsing, put on a plastic cap and wrap yourself in a towel, rinse after half an hour. You already know how to avoid smell.
Excessively oily hair looks ugly and spoils the appearance of any person. Some experts suggest getting rid of oily scalp with a bread mask.
The easiest and most effective way of cooking is to soaking crackers. Rye bread crackers (150 gr.) Are soaked in a small amount of ordinary warm water. With oily hair, the resulting slurry is applied to the roots and curls themselves for 45 minutes. The head is wrapped in polyethylene and a towel. After the set time, the product is washed off with warm water without the use of shampoo.
Bread mask for oily hair with sea salt provides proper care for curls. To prepare the product, you need to fill in 30 g. pulp of rye bread with hot green tea. 15 g are added to the mixture. sea salt. The gruel is applied to the roots of oily hair, and a shower cap is put on the head. In 10 minutes. the mask is washed off with warm water.
Kefir bread mask also dries excessively oily hair:
- It is necessary to soak 100 gr. rye bread crumb in 150 ml. one percent kefir.
- After half an hour, the mixture is thoroughly whipped and applied to the scalp and roots. The mask is aged on the hair for about an hour, but not longer.
- Rinse off the mask in the usual way using shampoo.
Oily hair at the roots and dry at the ends requires careful and regular care. Strands should be combed carefully before the procedure.This will facilitate the application of a bread mask on oily hair.
Beer masks are very useful for treating oily hair. This component contains B vitamins and minerals (potassium, magnesium, sodium, etc.). Also included are amino acids, organic acids and polyphenols.
Beer is able to color hair, so light is recommended for blondes, and dark for brunettes.
Recipes of the most effective beer masks for oily hair:
- Mix 20 gr. clay with 30 ml. beer and add the contents of two ampoules with vitamin B6. The composition is rubbed into the hair roots with massage movements. After 15 minutes a mask of beer is washed off with shampoo. The tool will get rid of oily scalp,
- Egg yolk is beaten with a whisk and mixed with 1 tsp. honey and 125 ml. beer. The components are applied to the washed hair, a shower cap and a towel are put on the head. After 20 minutes the mask is washed off with warm water,
- Rusks of brown bread (200 gr.) Are soaked in 500 ml. beer and left in a dark place for 2 hours. Before direct application to the scalp, the mixture is whipped in a blender. A beer mask for oily hair is rubbed into the roots and left for 15-20 minutes. Then everything is washed off with warm water.
To achieve a greater effect, it is recommended to make beer masks twice a week. Coping with the problem of oily hair will help the passage of 10-15 procedures.
Mask for oily hair at night
For their application, there are immutable rules, for example, you can’t use for a long time the ingredients that irritate the skin: onions, peppers, mustard. It can burn the entire dermis and hair follicles. Commonly used gentle, calm means like eggs, honey, herbs, vegetables and fruits.
The clay mixture works great. It will require:
- blue clay - 50 g
- some honey.
Mix everything to a mushy consistency, apply to the root zone. Then, in order not to get dirty yourself and not to mess up in bed, put on a scarf and go to the side. Rinse off after waking up.
TIP: you can not use shampoo, as kefir rinses well sebum.
With cognac and lemon
In order for the mask to have a drying effect, it includes cognac and lemon. Both components have a unique composition that contributes to the normalization of the sebaceous glands.
To restore weakened oily hair will help Vitamin mask with cognac and lemon:
- Mix the egg yolk, 4-6 drops of vitamin A and E, 1 tsp. honey, 0.5 tsp cognac and 20 drops of lemon juice.
- The mixture is applied to the roots and ends of the curls.
- The head is wrapped in polyethylene and a scarf.
- After 1.5 hours, the product is washed off with shampoo, and clean strands are rinsed with chamomile broth.
Egg brandy mask for oily hair, it dries the skin and absorbs excess sebum. You will need to mix 1 tbsp. l cognac and lemon juice with egg yolk. The finished mixture is rubbed into the scalp with massage movements. After half an hour, we wash the strands with warm water.
To eliminate oily shine on the hair and make curls voluminous will help oil and cognac mask. In 25 ml. slightly warmed cognac add 10 ml. lemon juice and 15 ml. grape oil. The strands are treated with the prepared mixture and left alone for 1-1.5 hours. Then, using a shampoo, the product is washed off.
Alcohol-based products will help reduce the secretion of sebum on the head. As a result of regular use, the oily shine on the hair will disappear.
The most effective methods for preparing alcohol masks for oily hair:
- Mix 150 ml. cognac, 2-3 tsp liquid honey and a pinch of red ground pepper. The mixture is heated in a water bath for 10 minutes. A warm cosmetic product is gently rubbed into the scalp. After a quarter of an hour everything is washed off with warm water,
- Pour 2-3 nettle leaves 160 ml. boiling water and let the liquid brew for about an hour.130 ml are poured into a cooled and strained nettle infusion. vodka, mix thoroughly. The components of the mask are distributed over the oily scalp and the length of the hair, including the ends. The duration of the procedure is half an hour. If the burning sensation is felt ahead of schedule, then the product should be washed off immediately,
- Pour 1 tbsp. l calendula flowers 100 ml. vodka and leave the mixture to infuse away from sunlight for 5-10 days. The strained tincture is rubbed into the roots of hair suffering from a greasy shine. After half an hour, the mask is washed off with warm water. If necessary, use shampoo. The procedure is performed twice a week.
Alcohol masks for oily hair have the unique property of drying the scalp. To prepare a cosmetic product, it is allowed to use alcohol, vodka or cognac.
Other recommendations for eliminating excessive oily hair
Fatty at the roots and dry at the tips of the curls require maximum attention. In most cases, you can fix the problem with cosmetic masks. You can buy ready-made at the pharmacy or cook yourself at home. In order for the effect to be more pronounced, treatment should be comprehensive.
Recommendations for dealing with oily hair:
- Washing curls should be carried out 2-3 r. in Week. With frequent washing, the sebaceous glands are activated and there is an increase in the oiliness of the scalp,
- To wash your hair, it is recommended to use warm or slightly cool water. Hot helps to expand pores and increase sebum production,
- Drying the strands is best done in a natural way. Using a hairdryer should be minimized or set to sparing mode,
- For hair styling it is not recommended to use curling irons. They excessively dry the locks and the sebaceous glands will begin to work in an enhanced mode. As a result, oily sheen appears faster
- It is better to comb curls with a comb with rare teeth. This will allow not to distribute sebum along the entire length of the strands. Do not forget to wash the comb once a week under running water with soap,
- Equally important is a proper and balanced diet. It is recommended to remove fatty, smoked, fried and spicy foods from the diet,
- Shampoo should be selected on a plant basis. Proper and healing shampoo can be purchased at the pharmacy.
The roots of curls need proper care. Masks to eliminate oily shine on hair should be used as an additional, and not the only, solution to the problem. Components are selected with a drying effect.
If cosmetics do not help eliminate excessive oily hair, you should consult a trichologist.
The specialist will identify the cause of the increased oily hair and give a referral for examination by other doctors. Consultation with an endocrinologist, gynecologist or gastroenterologist may be necessary.
Mask with olive oil
Olive oil is a well-known ingredient that is indispensable for maintaining beauty both inside and out. The therapeutic mixture based on it restores the water-lipid balance and solders the stratified hair flakes, as well as annoying magnetization of the hair is eliminated. Here's what you need:
- two teaspoons of oil,
- green tea,
- a pack of gelatin.
Stir the gelatin crystals in tea until they dissolve, add oil, and then apply a lot on the skin and on the surface of the hair about 5 cm, insulate. Wash off after an hour.
Burdock oil is widely known for its nutritious, fortifying, stimulating properties. It is well suited for this type of hair, as it normalizes the secretion of fat and restores balance.
- oil - steam l.,
- ground red chili pepper - not more than half a tsp.,
IMPORTANT: Do not hold it for more than a quarter of an hour - burn the dermis. If it burns hard, rinse, and next time reduce the concentration of pepper.
But with proper use, the mixture is very useful against thinning, prevents hair loss and poor blood circulation of the skin.
Folk remedies for oily hair
Of course, do not underestimate the experience of self-care that goes through centuries and generations! Against greasy hair, there is a great variety of remedies in the arsenal of traditional medicine.
The efficacy of conventional iodized salt is widely known. The peeling carried out with its help will renew the skin, relieve irritation and peeling, but also remove all dead cells without a trace.
To make the mixture you need:
- fine iodized salt - a couple of Art. l.,
- a couple drops of any essential oil
- some water.
Mix everything, then rub into the pre-moistened scalp smoothly and gently for a couple of minutes.
Caution: Do not damage the skin. Wash off as usual using shampoo.
A wonderful effect will have a shampoo made at home. It will refresh, give healthy radiance to your ringlets.
- egg - 1 pc.,
- strong, undiluted nettle broth - several tbsp. l.,
- juice squeezed from lemon - a few tbsp. l
Beat the egg separately, add everything else to it. Massage for about 5 minutes, then rinse with a decoction of nettle diluted with plenty of water. The main thing is that this product washes off excess fat no worse than a real shampoo, but there is no harm and chemistry - not a gram!
Mask for oily hair with mustard
It is widely known for being useful for strengthening hair, but its unpleasant effect is unobtrusive burning. In combination with burdock oil, the mask perfectly fights grease and untidiness.
What will be required for manufacturing:
- oil - 2 tbsp. l.,
- mustard in the form of a dry powder - 2 tbsp. l.,
- half of Art. l Sahara,
- some hot water.
IMPORTANT: will burn. This is good: in addition to normalizing fat balance, hair follicles are directly stimulated. Mustard, as you know, stimulates the growth of hair. But if it burns too hard, then you have added too much mustard.
We will tell you another recipe with clay, but this time you will not need to leave it overnight.
- clay - any, of your choice - about 20 gr.,
- 2 ampoules of vitamin B6,
- couple of art. l beer.
After mixing, apply with active massage movements, leave for fifteen minutes. This mask is good in that it can replace shampoo and has a long effect. For about a couple of days, and sometimes even for a week, you can forget that you have such a problematic type of hair: the hair will please with silkiness, softness and obedience.
Egg is a universal ingredient in many products to maintain the beauty and health of curls. The recipe that we will share will restore the hair after an aggressive effect on them: after perming or difficult, phased staining.
To do this, mix one whole egg, a couple of spoons of burdock oil, a couple of ampoules of vitamin A. After application, wait about an hour for the soft action of the components to properly nourish the roots.
The juice of this plant charges with vitamins, moisturizes and gives an antiseptic effect, and the mask with its addition is a godsend for greasy and dull hair. For her we will need an egg again, only this time already three pieces. Add about 20 ml of aloe juice to them, mix and apply on a wet head, keep under a towel for at least an hour.
Mask with honey
It contributes to the nutrition of vegetation on the head, giving them shine and a healthy look.
- 3 eggs,
- 2 tbsp. l oatmeal,
- 3 tsp honey.
Pre-soak the oatmeal in hot water, after cooling, add whipped eggs and honey. Spray on clean, damp hair, wait two hours, then rinse, but only with cool water so that the protein does not curl.
Mask with lemon
This mask will dry the roots, but at the same time it will not thin out the tips, after regular use, the density and structure of your hair will improve.It is especially indispensable after staining, when the dermis is still greasy, and the tips are subjected to section and fragility.
- 2 tsp cognac
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp grape oil.
Add juice to the slightly warmed cognac, then butter. Apply over the entire length, rinse after an hour.
This mixture is guaranteed to add splendor and volume to the hair, and also positively affect the density. Especially since dull and lifeless hair has a vitamin charge - like manna from heaven.
- apple cider vinegar - for rinsing,
- vitamin B12 - 2 ampoules,
- retinol - 25 drops,
- chamomile broth - half a glass,
- vitamin B5 - 2 ampoules,
- tocopherol - 15 drops.
Strain the chamomile broth, then mix with all other components, apply over the entire length. The head should be wrapped in cellophane and a towel, left overnight. After waking up, rinse with a weak solution of vinegar and water.
Best shop masks for oily hair
It depends on your budget and how much you are willing to give for the product tested by a lot of testing and research to have a beneficial effect. The market offers a lot of money - both expensive and affordable, even for a very modest amount of wallet. Here is some of them:
- Orising, with lemon balm oil.
- Mud, relaxation and anti-stress with mallow extract. Constant Delight.
- Means based on the mud of Lake Saki. Med Formula.
- Reduce Clay with clay. Selective
- Absorbent Mud Paste, Kapous Professional.
The choice depends on you - both the effect and the cost. Products from Israel are especially famous on the world market: it is from there that all eminent care products come from.
Oily hair is not a sentence. Lead the right way of life, eat well, do not undergo stress and get enough sleep. Choose the right hair wash products, do not overdo it with stains and using a hair dryer. At the same time, monitor the beauty of your hair using the methods and tools that we shared.
How often can I make masks for oily hair?
Since the effect on the work of the sebaceous glands should be within normal limits, experts and many well-known doctors recommend using vitamin formulations no more often than every 3 to 4 days.
If you want to get the desired result, you need to correctly follow the recommendations and strictly observe the proportions.
The best homemade masks for oily hair: what to make?
Any housewife in the kitchen has a whole pantry of simple products, on the basis of which you can make the perfect composition for your hair.
What products can help in the fight against oily hair?
- Burr oil.
- Clay (green or blue).
- Lemon (juice).
- Even brown bread, oatmeal, cognac and vodka.
The listed products and cosmetics can be used both individually and in combined versions.
Mustard Mask Recipe for Oily Hair
Why mustard? The answer is quite simple: there is a huge treasure of organic acids in mustard seeds, as well as a huge supply of mineral salts, vitamins and many other useful substances.
Cooking a mask does not take you much time.
To do this, you need to take:
- mustard (five large spoons),
- almond oil or castor oil (a couple of drops),
- sugar (one large spoon).
- All of the above components in the indicated proportions should be thoroughly mixed.
- Spread the resulting slurry evenly over the entire length
- Gather the hair on the back of your head and massage your head slowly for another 5 minutes.
- Gently clip the hair with a hairpin and rest for 40 minutes.
- After this time, rinse off the hair and wash your hair with shampoo if necessary.
The mustard composition will not only save you from oily sheen, but also saturate the follicles with vitamins.
Such a mask has its drawbacks: mustard burns a little, but the bulbs (follicles) are activated. If you feel a strong burning sensation, then do not stand the recommended 40 minutes - rinse off the mask immediately.This reaction of the body suggests that this composition is not suitable for you.
Mask for oily hair with an egg
All familiar chicken eggs - the product is far from ordinary. Egg masks enhance shine, add density, and also remove the scruffy greasy look of hair. An egg is two incredibly useful parts: protein and yolk. The latter is a particularly important component - it contains unique nutrients and vitamins, accelerates hair growth.
Egg mask with citric acid oily shine can be removed. To prepare this mixture, you need only two components: eggs and lemon juice. These ingredients should be mixed in a container (can be beaten with a whisk), applied to the hair, wrap and allow the onions to absorb vitamins (at least 30 minutes), then wash your hair thoroughly.
Clay masks for oily hair: the best recipes
The most popular in the fight against oily hair are considered blue and green clay. It is these types of clay that contribute to deep cleansing, while having a calming effect. They are used not only to get rid of fat, but also in the fight against dandruff, which often accompanies fatty roots.
- Mix the clay with water until a thick slurry forms (approximately 1: 1).
- Add a dessert spoon of lemon juice to the mass.
- The last ingredient is garlic - a teaspoon without a hill of grated spiced vegetable.
Then rub the mass into the scalp and, if possible, distribute through the hair about 3-5 cm from the roots. Wrap your head in a soft towel. Ideally, you need to walk with the mask for at least 30 minutes, but everyone has their own threshold of sensitivity, so you need to wash off the composition as soon as you feel the slightest burning sensation or discomfort.
We suggest you watch the video in order to better understand the causes of excessive sebum production and choose the most suitable option for yourself.
Masks for oily hair with henna
First, let's figure out what is henna?
Henna is a plant’s leaves that are crushed during grinding and ground to a powder state. They have a high dyeing ability, so if you do not want to change your native color, buy colorless henna.
A mask from henna is best prepared with the addition of clay (blue or white) - this will enhance the effect.
Mix henna with clay (2: 1), fill the mixture with a warm decoction of herbs (for example, St. John's wort with chamomile), the mask should look like thick sour cream. Apply to roots and wrap hair with a cotton cloth. Proceed to rinse off the mask should be no earlier than 25 minutes. Shampooing is not recommended; it is better to rinse your hair well with water at room temperature.
The result will be visible immediately, since henna will give a chic volume to your curls and luxurious shine.
Nutritious mask for oily hair with vitamins
Often we are faced with a situation where you try to eat well and properly, but at the same time, the body still lacks vitamins, and this is displayed primarily on the hair. This happens because we constantly change shampoo, use a hair dryer, varnish, foam, ironing, which is negatively displayed on the condition of our curls and scalp. As a result, the roots are greasy, the ends are split, and the hair does not look very attractive.
To prepare a vitamin mask, you will need the following ingredients:
- one egg (only yolk)
- vitamin A (4-6 drops),
- vitamin E (4-6 drops),
- honey is a small spoon
- cognac - half a teaspoon,
- lemon juice - 15-20 drops.
The mask is applied for at least 1.5 hours, while the hair must be carefully wrapped in cellophane and a warm towel (shawl). After time, wash your hair with shampoo (which is exactly right for you) and rinse your clean hair with a warm strained chamomile broth.
It is enough to use this mask 1-2 times a week, but it is better to do it regularly, until you yourself see the progress.
Masks for oily hair with vodka and cognac
Alcohol-based masks are able to perfectly regulate the sebaceous glands, which as a result will reduce the oily hair roots. We offer you two recipes for making an alcohol mask.
- Take 150 ml of brandy, a couple of spoons of honey and red ground pepper (literally at the tip of a knife). The composition needs to be slightly warmed up and distributed over the scalp. Keep the mask for at least 15 minutes.
- For the next mask you need to pre-fill 160 ml of boiling water 2-3 leaves of nettle. In the cooled broth (do not forget to strain) add 130 ml of vodka. Since the mask turns out to be liquid, it is not very convenient to apply it to the hair yourself. It will be much easier to do if they help you. You can walk with a mask for up to 25-30 minutes, but if you feel a burning sensation, immediately go to the shower.
Masks with honey for oily hair
Honey is present in most recipes, as it has a wide spectrum of action and does not react with many components of hair masks. Cooking a mask based on honey will not take you more than two minutes, and the benefit from it will be no less than from infusions, decoctions and expensive ingredients.
Take your favorite balm and add honey (1: 1) to it, then sprinkle a simple mixture with a spoon of cinnamon - the mask is ready. You can walk with such a composition from one to two hours, and so that the mask does not interfere with you - tie a towel around your head.
Masks for oily hair with starch and sea salt
To eliminate the problem of oily hair, you can combine at first glance completely incompatible products. For example, starch and sea salt.
Take a few tablespoons of starch and sea salt, dissolve the components in water (warm), optionally add a couple drops of citrus juice (lemon, orange, lime). Mix well and use as a rinse after washing your hair.
Effective masks for oily hair loss
Does your hair not only suffer from excessive oily scalp, but also fall out? An egg-based alcohol mask can help you.
The recipe is very simple - you will need two yolks and two large spoons of alcohol or vodka. Beat the yolks and add alcohol, let stand for 10-15 minutes, then rub into the scalp. After half an hour you can go to the shower. Improving the condition of the hair and their quantity is noticeable after two months of use - the hair becomes thicker by 25%.
Mask for oily colored hair
Despite the fact that paints with the mildest effects are being produced, they still harm the hair structure and often cause the sebaceous glands to function abundantly. A fruit mask will help to turn the process towards recovery.
Grind fruits in equal proportions. Heat honey (at the rate of 1 large spoon per 100 g of fruit) and pour into the pulp. Pour oil (a small spoon) into a slightly warm mixture, stir and immediately apply to hair.
You can walk with the mask for up to 60 minutes, then rinse and pat it effortlessly with a soft towel.
Mask for oily split hair
Oily hair at the roots and dry hair at the ends is far from rare. And how to choose a remedy - for oily hair or for dry? It is very difficult to choose a universal remedy in the store, since the effect on the roots and tips should be the opposite. We offer you to cope with the problem of natural products that will not make you spend too much.
- Egg. Separate the protein from the yolk. Apply whipped protein to the scalp and 3 cm from the start of hair growth. Distribute the yolk on the tips and along the entire length. Repeat the procedure twice a week and you will forget about your problem.
Rinse off such a mask with cool water so that the protein does not curl in your hair.
- Sour milk + cream. The system is the same as with the egg. Apply milk on the roots, and cream (preferably fatter) - on the tips and along the entire length.
If an aloe flower grows on your window, then we recommend that you watch the following video.
Mask for thin oily hair
It is difficult enough for girls who have thin hair, and even have oily scalp. Literally all the time haunted by the feeling of unwashed hair. The problem can be solved if before each shampoo use a salt mask, followed by rinsing with a decoction of St. John's wort.
Someone will say that this is not a mask at all, because you do not need to cook anything, but this is the charm of this method to get rid of fat and stimulate follicles.
You will need salt and decoction of hypericum. Wet your hands and coat them with salt, then give yourself a head massage. The movements should not be too fast and accurate, you do not need to press hard so as not to damage the surface of the grains with grains. Continue to massage for 10-15 minutes, then take a shower with a hair wash. After bathing, rinse your hair with a decoction of St. John's wort.
Causes of cross section and fat content
These two problems do not always exist separately. In some girls, the roots become bold, while the ends of the hair dry. There are a number of reasons for this, knowing which the problem can be prevented. This is why the cross section occurs:
- Lack of vitamins. Please note that a balanced diet will be beneficial for both hair and the body. Vitamins of group B, A, calcium, magnesium and many others should be present in the daily intake stably. They can be replaced, for example, with a multivitamin complex.
- Diseases The problem of fragility can also arise in connection with improper metabolism, which entails various diseases. You can fix this by contacting a specialist on this issue.
- Genes. If someone in your family suffered from split ends, the reason may be hidden here.
- Unsuitable care.
The causes of oily hair overlap with the causes of split ends, but there are specific cases - increased production of sebum. Usually, this is given by nature, and there is no opportunity to completely get rid of fat. Only special care and the use of correctly selected products can stabilize fat content.
Masks for oily hair at home
Only specialized shampoos are suitable for girls with this problem. In all other cases, the sebaceous glands will be activated, and the situation will only worsen. It is best to use recipes for fatty foods prepared at home:
- Masochka with kefir. Before washing, apply a glass of kefir to a dry length, rub it on the scalp. Leave for an hour. Head wrapping is not necessary at all. The benefit of this tool is not only to reduce the secretion of sebum, but also in the benefits and nutrition of hair. Kefir in the proposed recipe can be replaced with whey or yogurt.
- Balm with crackers and bread. Grind 150 g of crackers and black bread in a blender, add a glass of boiled water and beat until a uniform mass is obtained. Leave the tincture to cool completely, then filter and thoroughly rub the roots with the resulting mixture. For the best effect, you need to wrap your head with a towel and wait half an hour. After thoroughly rinse hair with cool water without shampoo. The use of this mask for oily hair at home helps to cope with excess fat, add volume. It will be an excellent option for strengthening thin hair.
- Lemon mask conditioner. 500 ml mix hot water with the juice of one lemon. Rinse hair every time after washing. The effect is extremely powerful, so do not use this tool in significant quantities.
How to make a hair mask with oily roots and dry tips?
Apply hair masks with dry tips with caution so as not to aggravate the problem even more. The main rule is to apply fatty treatment mixtures directly to the ends of the hair without affecting the roots.
To solve this problem, any of the above recipes will help you, but with a few nuances:
- Before using any hair mask with oily roots, you need to grease the ends with sea buckthorn oil for half an hour.
- Providing instant protection is able to provide fish oil. A couple of minutes before applying the drying mask should be lubricated with dry tips.
- Olive, coconut and burdock oils have a slower effect. They must be applied at least an hour before the start of the procedure to eliminate the fat content of the roots.
With the help of homemade hair masks, you can achieve amazing results, forgetting about discomfort and annoying fat content. The main thing is to observe the proportions and do not forget to pay a little attention to your curls twice a week.
Masks for split ends at home
Split hair always requires special care. Among other things, you should not forget about the monthly haircut - you need to get rid of lifeless dry ends. And to prevent further cross-section, use the following home recipes:
- Mask on kefir and yeast. 50 gr. kefir we take 2 teaspoons of yeast, mix and insist a quarter of an hour. After mixing, apply the resulting mass to the problem area - it can be the tips, or the entire length. To create a thermal effect, we use a film (or bag) + towel. Wash off after half an hour. The tool is perfect for loss, brittleness and cross-section.
- A mask of henna. Colorless henna has a comprehensive healing effect, is great for split ends and is considered a worthy stimulant for growth. One henna bag is enough for 30 cm. Length. Mix the henna with hot water well in a 1: 3 ratio. Let it brew for a quarter of an hour. Apply to the roots, then - to the entire length. Creating heat is optional. After half an hour - rinse off without using shampoo.
- Egg Mousse. Mix the egg yolk with castor oil in a ratio of 1: 1. Apply over the entire length for 3 hours, then rinse well with balm.
Masks for oily hair at the roots and dry at the ends
The type of hair, when at the roots they are oily and split and dry at the ends, is called mixed. In most cases, for healthy care in this case, it is necessary to use two separate products (for oily and dry separately), applying them to the necessary areas. Although for the care of mixed types, special products are also known. They do not guarantee a quick result, therefore, to achieve the effect, it is best to use them periodically.
- Simple egg mask. For medium length we need 2 raw eggs. Separate the whites from the yolks and beat with a whisk or a mixer. Apply proteins to the scalp, and yolks to the tips and length. Keep up to half an hour, then rinse with shampoo. One of the features of how to use this tool is flushing with exceptionally cool water. Otherwise, the protein will curl into flakes.
- Kefir mask. 100ml kefir is mixed with 1 raw egg and add 1 tsp. any vegetable oils. Mass is applied over the entire length, including the scalp, for 1 hour. After washing with the addition of shampoo.
- Homemade milk mask. We apply, thoroughly rubbing, sour milk on the roots, on the tips - fat cream. It is enough to withstand 30-40 minutes, then rinse off using shampoo.
Homemade honey masks
Since ancient times, honey has become famous for its healing properties. But not everyone knows that honey treats not only from the inside, but also from the outside. The proof of this is masks against section and fat content, which include honey.
- Mask for oily hairmade at home using honey. We connect 1 hour. teaspoon of aloe juice, 1 tsp castor oil and 1 tbsp. honey. Rub the product into the roots, wrap the head with a towel and rinse off after a quarter of an hour.
- Split hair mask with honey at home. 2 teaspoons of honey are dissolved in 120 ml. boiled, but not hot water until completely mixed. Dip the ends in the bowl with the mixture and hold for several minutes.Rinse off such a tool is not recommended.
- Mixed type honey. Carefully mix 2 tbsp honey, a spoonful of lemon juice and 2 tbsp. l aloe juice. If the honey turned out to be too thick, and the resulting mixture is viscous, it is better to dilute it with an average amount of boiled water. Apply for the entire length for half an hour, then rinse off using shampoo.
- With a difficult problem, how to get rid of oily hair, helps to sweeten honey mousse, which is applied at night. Mix 50ml. warm honey and 2 beaten egg yolks until smooth, evenly distributed over the hair and insulated with polyethylene or a shower cap. During the night, almost the entire mixture is absorbed, and its residues can simply be washed with warm water alone without shampoo.
You can read more about honey masks here.
Homemade Mustard Masks
Everyone knows that mustard is an element of culinary dishes. Does everyone only know how to use mustard for cosmetic purposes? Its burning effect heats the hair follicles and helps to enhance growth, of course, if everything is cooked correctly and not overdo it. Also, mustard will help to cope with split ends and fat content.
- Mask for oily hair with mustard at home. For a basic solution, 1 cup of hot water and 2 teaspoons of mustard are needed. Stir until completely dissolved, then pour into 1 liter of boiling water. Cool down. With the resulting solution, wash my head, and then rinse with clean water. The result is less fat release after 1 application.
- Mask with mustard for dry and split ends. 1 tbsp mayonnaise, olive oil + 1 tsp each mustard and butter. Rub the mixture into the roots, apply heat and wait 30 or 40 minutes. Use no more than three times a week and no longer than a month.
- Mustard dry hair nourishing mask. Mix 100ml yogurt, 1 tbsp. a spoonful of mustard powder, yolk, a few drops of rosemary and almond oil. The mixture is applied to the scalp and length, we insulate the head and wait 20-40 minutes, depending on the sensations. Wash off with shampoo.
Masks against oily and dry with special ingredients
Many different ingredients are known that have a peculiar effect on the hair structure and scalp. Some of them are in the following recipes:
- Mask with gelatin against oily and dry. To combat fat content, you need 1 tsp. gelatin, 2 tbsp. tablespoons of water, 1 tsp. colorless henna, mustard, egg yolks. Dissolve gelatin in water until swelling. Add the remaining composition and apply for 20-30 minutes. You can rinse off without using shampoo. To combat dryness, 1 tablespoon is required. gelatin, 100 ml. water, 1 tsp natural vinegar, a couple drops of any essential oil. Gelatin is diluted in water and remains until swelling. We mix the remaining ingredients, mix well and apply for 10 minutes. Wash off with cool clean water without shampoo.
- Vegetable and essential oils are also very beneficial. Of these, you can make masks or add to shampoo for a greater result. So, a mask with olive oil to combat fat. Need 2 egg yolks, 1 tbsp. olive oil and 2 tbsp. tablespoons of brandy. We mix everything, add cognac last. The mixture is applied for an hour, do not forget to warm your head. Wash off without shampoo.
The use of masks needs to be approached more subtly than other hair care products. After all, if you apply the product incorrectly or apply it very often, your hair can only be spoiled. This is indicated by the reviews of worried girls. Here are common answers to which will help to maintain and improve hair:
- How often can hair masks be made? Everything is connected with their condition. For dry ones, it will be enough 2-3 times a week, for fatty ones - more often, up to daily use, as necessary. On the funds purchased in stores, they write how often it is necessary to use. This advice should not be neglected.The use of "burning" ingredients - pepper, mustard - is allowed no more than 1-2 times a week.
- How to apply a hair mask? Home remedies are usually applied to dry or wet (but not washed) hair. Masks designed for all hair are applied to the roots, and then distributed along the entire length of the comb. This is best done by bowing your head over the bathtub. If the remedy is aimed at combating oiliness - pay more attention to the scalp, with dryness - to the length. Knowing how to apply a hair mask, you can achieve greater results.
Let's step back from the question “how to apply a hair mask” to the cooking process itself, since it also has its own subtleties. First of all, take care of the dishes. Masks are preferable to cook in glass or porcelain bowls. It is important that the dishes are absolutely clean.
When mixing, be aware that the ingredients are sufficient for one use only. It makes no sense to leave or make a product for several applications, since it will deteriorate. This is due to the natural ingredients of its composition. It is better to reduce their number from that given in the recipe. Keep the ingredients fresh.
Do not miss the advice on warming the head after application. Be sure to apply polyethylene or a shower cap and wrap your head over with a terry towel (this is usually stated in the recipe). Finally, the flushing process. About whether to use shampoo, write in the recipe. For dry hair when washing off, you can use shampoo + balm or conditioner. Means with the addition of egg white are washed off with cool water so that the protein does not curl on the head with flakes.